DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: RefuSHE
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
RefuSHE is seeking a dynamic and globally fluent leader to serve as the Executive Director of RefuSHE Kenya. The Executive Director will serve as RefuSHE’s country lead in Kenya, overseeing operations and programming. They will report to the Kenya Board of Directors and RefuSHE Inc’s Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Director will also work in partnership with RefuSHE Inc.’s CEO to propel the organization into its second decade of impact.
The ED will be responsible for managing RefuSHE Kenya’s programs, team, and operations, as well as for implementing operations and programming based on the overall strategic goals set by and in partnerships with the CEO of RefuSHE Inc. The ED will be a forward-thinking individual with proven experience in business development, program management, and operations. The ED should have experience in an executive-level operations, finance, or strategic role at a nonprofit or company in the social sector. They should have experience developing and implementing operational excellence with deep experience in finance, HR, and procurement policies and procedures. They should have a strong business background and have experience with start-ups or other microenterprise initiatives. Key responsibilities for success of this role include:
- Operational & Financial Management
- Drive operational excellence while achieving optimal efficiency
- Work in collaboration with the CEO and CFO to develop the Kenya operations
- Develop, implement, and enforce action-oriented policies and procedures in finance, HR, procurement, administration, and programs to ensure operational integrity is upheld to the highest standards
- Perform risk management and develop mitigation measures for procurement, finance, and HR, ensuring compliance and accurate record-keeping
- Lead country operations and programs by maintaining open and clear communication with the team in Kenya and the US office
- Ensure that the Kenya Board, US Board, and finance committee, as well as RefuSHE’s CEO and CFO remain updated on the financial and operational health of Kenya operations
- Ensure that all fiscal, HR, and reporting policies and procedures are followed and adhered to in Kenya
- Oversee the Kenya audit and ensure mitigation strategies are in place for any audit deficiencies
- Ensure timely, clear, and succinct communication with the CEO and HQ on all pertinent matters regarding operations, finances, and programmatic issues
- Supervise and oversee all Kenya personnel
- Strengthen RefuSHE’s presence in Kenya by maintaining and developing strong partnerships with foundations, government agencies, corporations, and individuals
- Represent RefuSHE while presenting at conferences, events, and high-profile meetings
- Program Quality and Growth
- Oversee program implementation and design to deepen RefuSHE’s impact in the field of refugee protection
- Lead the program team to develop creative and outcome driven program activities and interventions
- Ensure that all programs are developed and implemented with a trauma-informed lens
- Strengthen program design to elevate RefuSHE as a strong and desirable contender for funding, partnerships, and recognition for excellent service and outcomes
- Ensure program quality through rigorous assessment, design, development, comprehensive data collection and tracking
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local regulations
Policy and Advocacy
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of local, regional, and international policies affecting RefuSHE’s beneficiaries
- Keep the US office abreast of any implications of policies that may affect RefuSHE’s operations and programs in Kenya
Candidate Profile The ED will embody RefuSHE’s values and mission. They will be a self-starter who is resourceful, entrepreneurial, and team oriented. The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills and characteristics:
REQUIRED AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; a MA is preferred
- The ability to work and live in Kenya
- Strong business acumen, with evidence of their ability to set priorities decisively, delegate responsibilities, assure accountability, and allocate resources to ensure results
- A strong data and analysis orientation and a proven ability to use metrics to drive decisions and achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of how to run a financially sound organization
- An engaging and supportive leader, the ED will have a track record of motivating and inspiring others to achieve impact through creativity and teamwork and of leveraging individual strengths to meet organizational goals
- As the external face and voice of Kenyan operations, the ED will possess excellent oral and written communication skills and must be a confident public speaker
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with people quickly
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. The benefits package includes medical healthcare coverage and pension.
How to Apply
To express your interest in this role please submit your resume and cover letter to RefuSHE’s Chief of Staff Ariana Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note applications without a thoughtful Cover Letter will be considered incomplete.
Closing date for applications is October 21, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
RefuSHE is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants.