- Company: Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Purpose of the position
The Executive Office Associate is an active part of the highly collaborative Global Executive Office Team, assisting the External Affairs Director, the International Affairs Director and supporting the Executive Office Senior Manager in assistant tasks for the Executive Director and coordination tasks for the Executive Office.
The Executive Office Associate is an enthusiastic self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic office. The role supports Directors based in different countries so must be adept at remote working. The role is very busy and demanding and the Executive Office Associate is very organized, able to handle a high-workload and has the ability to prioritize and arbitrate tasks.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Executive Assistant to the External Affairs Director (20%)
- Executive Assistant to the International Development Director (20%)
- Executive Assistant to the Operations & Strategy Director (20%)
Coordinator in the DNDi Nairobi office (5%)
- Participates in team meetings in the DNDi Nairobi office.
- Collates the bimonthly report for the DNDi Nairobi office and updates the dashboard slide.
- As needed, acts as back up for the Senior Executive Officer in some key responsibilities as assigned to ensure uninterrupted services and smooth running of operations.
- The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities appropriate to your grade.
- The Executive Office Associate reports to the Executive Office Senior Manager and has a secondary reporting line to the Senior Executive Officer.
- Works closely with the Global Executive Office Team, the DNDi Leadership, and the Global Executive Team.
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem solving competencies
- Very good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Well organized and structured
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to contribute to the project delivery under minimum supervision
- Ability to manage small projects if delegated by upper levels with supervision
- Ability to offer seamless support, with excellent levels of collaboration and communication, on a remote basis.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with graduate degree, at least one year with post graduate degree
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Fluency in both oral and written English
- Experience in Microsoft Suite. Knowledge of SharePoint and SalesForce is desirable.