Farm Manager Job, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya July,
Title: Farm Manager – Malindi,
Gross Salary: 250k plus benefits,
Our client is an established farm in Malindi. They seek to hire a highly qualified Farm Manager with experience in the field of fruit and vegetable industry to maximize production growth and oversee output from the farm.
- Commit to perform duties in a manner that further the mission and overall strategic direction of Farm.
- Manage all farm machinery i.e. tractors and other implements
- Manage labor planning and allocations as well as staff recruitment, allocating them to the various teams.
- Allocate daily work targets to staff and record performance of all team members
- Ensure that all labor in the section is effective and efficient and that all staff achieves the recommended daily tasks.
- Maintain staff discipline and welfare in accordance with Farm policies
- Be in charge of the Health and Safety of all employees
- Design and Develop farm’s plant production plan and program.
- Execute the Farm’s planting program
- Ensure that the right plant population is attained at planting
- Ensure weed free fields and general farm hygiene through timely weed control and general sanitation
- Manage irrigation and scheduling of irrigation based on different crops requirements and stages of production.
- Reduction of water wastage from leaks and over irrigation
- Undertake agronomy work to ensure that pest control is well managed and all pests and diseases are kept below threshold at all times
- Direct the Farm’s crop nutrition in terms of implementation of fertilizer plans, composting / manure application and foliar feeding
- Plan all the farm/section operations for the month, week, and day in consultation with the CEO.
- Confirm all picking predictions during harvesting.
- Ensure that fruits & vegetables are picked on time, handled carefully and is of high quality in accordance with the Global standards.
- Handle and address any deviation on standards (customer/sales team responses)
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences/ Horticulture
- At least 5 years of extensive practical experience in similar role.
- Demonstrated and verifiable experience in fruit & vegetable production lifecycle
- Experience in developing and implementing farm management systems is a plus.
- A proven track record of meeting various targets set.
- Ability to work independently while constantly informing the head office in terms of reports
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Strong leadership capabilities with minimal supervision and ability to take initiative.
NB: Must be willing to live in the farm in Malindi
How to Apply
If this describes you and are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Farm Manager – Malindi ) to [email protected] before 24 th July 2021.N.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. .