Regional Safeguarding Advisor Job, Latest NGO Kenyan Jobs,
Provides technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas. The person in this position will have strong knowledge and background in safeguarding-related programming in international development. Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate. Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. May evaluate proposal design and protocol development to ensure design is sound and based upon evidence based practice. Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise. Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel. May be required to coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, such as; the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), district health staff, several international and national development partner organizations, and the USAID mission in order to complete work.
- Provide technical leadership in a specific technical component and/or program wide activities, specifically safeguarding and protection-related protection programming
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building of specific technical components of programs.
- Participate in resource development activities.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills
- Ensures appropriate and timely technical support to field programs, including supporting country offices and projects team in integrating safegaurding strategies.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Conducts routine coordination with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Strong knowledge and skills in specific technical area/function and general understanding of concepts and principles of related technical areas/functions.
- Solid knowledge of standards for the technical area/field, operational processes and procedures, work and task flow.
- Ability to manage own work to job and performance standards.
Problem Solving & Impact
- Demonstrates ability to assess needs within agreed upon duties and considers course of action best to meet those needs.
- Effectively applies knowledge of technical area to solve range of problems.
- Demonstrates ability to develop solutions to problems that cannot be solved using existing methods or approaches.
- Faulty decisions/ recommendations /failures to complete assignments will normally result in serious delays to assigned programs resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, resources and funds.
- Decisions and actions impact primarily work flow, project processes and timeframes.
- Problems encountered are generally varied, requiring review of practices and precedents to resolve.
- Problem solving involves evaluating and resolving discrepancies with data, analyses, processes, etc. within prescribed guidelines.
- Policies or guidelines generally exist for most problems; others must be referred to supervisor or more senior professional.
- Coordinates own work flow and sets individual priorities.
- Works under general guidelines for completion and accuracy as determined by the supervisor.
- Accomplishes results through lower level staff managers or through experienced staff who exercise independence in their assignments.
- May manage a centralized functional area of activity.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study, including knowledge of and experience in integrating safeguarding strategies in international development programs and providing training and capticity building activities to various stakeholders.
Typical Physical Demands
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology To Be Used
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- 10% – 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How To Apply