Finance and Administration Manager Job, Finance Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified candidate for the role of Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated five-year (2022-2027) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Activity. The HSS project will work in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), counties, and non-state actors to strengthen health systems in Kenya. The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Chief of Party and is based in Nairobi.
This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing budgets, financial planning & management, and operational activities for the HSS project. The Finance and Administration Manager brings strong financial and administrative skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of USAID/United States Government financial and contractual requirements. The Finance and Administration Manager also brings a strong understanding of local law and operating requirements in Kenya.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures and support audits.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project pipelines report.
- Lead in the annual budget planning, periodical forecasting, modification and realignment as required
- Ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions in Amref financial management system.
- Maintain effective timelines and quality control process for financial and operational deliverables and financial management processes
- Review and process the recording of accounting activities (vouchers, journal entries, cash receipts, allocations) in appropriate systems to ensure accurate reporting.
- In collaboration with the technical team, prepare annual workplan budgets and provide ongoing management and monitoring throughout project implementation
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial documents in readiness for audits or tax reporting purposes.
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the timely delivery of technical activities at an optimum cost.
- Support the COP in interpreting financial data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
- Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed.
Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely way.
Reporting • Establish and maintain internal financial and reporting control procedures to ensure compliance with Amref and USAID regulations
- Provide timely financial reporting with detailed Budget vs. Actuals and by Component to Chief of Party (COP)
- Prepare quarterly expenditure reports, and burn rate projections.
- Develop annual, quarterly and ad-hoc financial plans and reports for the project as requested by Amref leadership and USAID.
- Prepare VAT reports and other reports as required
- Advise and train employees on USAID contract and compliance topics, policies, and procedures. Sub award and Vendor
- Lead preparation and oversight of procurement and subcontracts for the project, in accordance with USAID and Amref requirements.
- Lead assessment of subrecipients financial management capacity.
- Strengthen the capacity of sub awards on compliance and finance policies and regulations, as needed.
- Negotiate and manage sub awards & consulting agreements.
- Exercise due diligence and management of partner relationship
Qualifications & Competencies
- Postgraduate level degree in Finance
- 8 years of extensive experience in program management and finance/budget management and financial reporting with USAID-funded projects in Kenya;
- Familiarity with US Government (USG) Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules is a plus
- Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in financial management, accounting, USAID compliance, human resources management, local labor law, and contracts management;
Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external strategic partners, donors, and stakeholders;
- Technical savvy and strong computer skills, IT systems familiarity;
- Demonstrated team and people management abilities with a focus on growing staff, mentoring and coaching junior professionals;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Full English fluency, full fluency in Kiswahili is a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign
- Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural.
How To Apply
Interested? Submit your application which should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Indicate
Ref: FAM- Anticipated Funding and email to [email protected] Closing date 10th September 2021 Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .