- Company: Medtronic
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Finance Jobs in Kenya
Medtronic (www.medtronic.com), is the global leader in medical technology – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic’s mission is: To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions. To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
About the role
This position will report to the Finance Manager and be an integral member of the Medtronic LABS Finance and Operations team. This position will provide guidance and demonstrate advanced knowledge in the accounting and finance activities associated with technical accounting matters, including, but not limited to revenue recognition, forecasting/modeling, inventory/cost accounting, and financial statement creation, additionally, this position will be a key business partner to the LABS Africa team – effectively supporting, advising and influencing business partners at all levels within the organization.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures and internal controls; maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
- Designing, modifying, installing, and/or maintaining accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions, regular collaboration with LABS business process solutions partner.
- Applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare internal and external financial reports (management and statutory); preparing and consolidating financial statements (balance sheet, profit, and loss, cash flow), and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Supporting month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close through completion and accumulation of various reports and schedules.
- Supporting and/or leading various LABS special projects associated with a variety of initiatives based on the need of the business, which will likely be cross-functional in nature. For assigned special projects, prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management and partners.
- Supporting statutory and management audit fieldwork, including the gathering of documents required for testing.
- Preparing and reporting progress of programs, including both financial spend and patient outcomes/impact; regular internal reporting to track programs, and may include external stakeholder reporting.
The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience and professional achievements. Medtronic LABS recruitment partner, Shortlist will update you on whether or not you’re shortlisted.
Does this sound like you?
Critical requirements for the role (Must Haves)
- Qualified CPA/ CA.
- 5+ Years of experience across accounting, taxation, compliance, and financial planning & analysis.
- Experience managing financial operations of multiple countries and working with global stakeholders.
- Experience working on accounting software.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in organizations and on projects funded by partners.
- Experience setting up operations in a new country would be preferred.
Candidate Attribute (Culture Fit)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, i.e. someone who takes initiative and can work independently.
- Displays flexibility and has a growth mindset.
- Willing to get their hands dirty and set processes from the ground up.
Physical Job Requirements
Physical capabilities to perform the job:
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.