Financial Analyst Job, Latest Finance Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Financial Analyst at HJF Medical Research International,
Reports to: Accounting and Grants Manager,
This position is responsible for tracking HJMRI-Kenya/Kericho’s financial performance against plans, developing budgets, analyzing program’s performance, and creating financial forecasts. The incumbent will be assisting the Accounting and Grants manager to make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports and other key input; senior level guidance and direction in all phases of financial management services at HJFMRI-KE. This includes budget preparation, formulation, financial analysis, presentation, and reporting. The FA consolidates budget data and provides a viable overview of the financial situation to both the HJFMRI-KE programs and its partners. FA provides financial advice to managers to enhance program planning and effective decision-making. Additionally, s/he will seek to implement financial guidelines and processes with respect to the requirements from the US Government, HJFMRI-KE and HJFMRI-HQ.
- Report on Program’s financial performance on both routing and ad-hoc basis
- Assist Accounting Manager to perform Program’s financial forecasting and reporting
- Analyze Program’s financial data for operational metrics tracking and decision support
- Timely coordination of monthly wire forecast and sharing with Head of Admin and Operations for review
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommends action for optimization
- Budget Preparation/Formulation
- Establish and maintain an annual budgeting calendar including a cycle of budgetary reviews
- Guide Program and Operational Managers, in budget preparation, submission and fiscal allocation
- Coordinate the dissemination of approved budgets and explain issues as requested
- Ensure all approved budgets are entered into QuickBooks on-time, and pulls reports from the same
- Produce monthly forecast for HJMRI-KE and shares with Head of Admin and Operations for guidance
- Liaise with the contract and grants, and outreach teams to establish partner budgets
- Budget Process Review
- Ensure all HJFMRI-KE budgets are reviewed in respect to accuracy, completeness and sponsor compliance
- Monitor budget performance and inform the Head of Admin and Operations on potential challenging areas
- Supervise the review of all budget templates for accuracy
- Ensure the creation of a consolidated budget versions for management review and approval.
- Assist Head of Administration and Operations with recommendations to be presented to management for guidance
- Under the guidance of Head of Administration and Operations produce summarized results of budget analysis
- Produce the monthly budget vs actual ( BVA) report for review and guidance by Head of Admin and Operations
- Assist Accounting Manager to produce budget forecasts
- Capacity Building and Systems Development
- Develop user-friendly, useful and insightful financial tools and reports for HJFMRI-KE team
- Assist the Head of Admin and Operations to provide training and support to HJFMRI-KE team
- Backstop in the area of financial systems and budget analysis.
- Assist in implementing best practices regarding financial management and budgeting.
- Additional Duties
- Contribute to team-wide communications and planning;
- Participate in staff events and meetings;
- Undertake other project-based work when requested by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree with five years of prior Budget Analyst experience or Master’s degree in either finance, economics or statistics
- 3 to 5+ years of working experience with PEPFAR and/or United States Government (USG) funded projects with annual budgets of 10+ million dollars
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency including using Excel formulas and functions
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Highly ethical and professional
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Strong presentation skills, be comfortable when interacting with wider audience
- Interest in detailed work with complex budget and financial information.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .