Full Stack Developer Jobs, Latest IT Jobs,
Job Ref. No. HRJIC581,
Position: Full Stack Developer,
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Full Stack Developer, Jubilee General Insurance Limited (JGIL). The position holder will report to the Head of IT-JGIL and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The job holder will be responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of digital applications that are responsive across different form-factors. The individual will have experience to participate in the entire Application lifecycle from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. The developer will work closely with the IT and core business application teams to deploy endto-end and seamless applications that integrate with the wider Jubilee digital apps ecosystem
- Developing, supporting & maintaining new & existing digital applications – Assessment Portal, Valuation Portal etc.
- Developing, supporting & maintaining integrations with 3rd party providers – AKI Digital certificates, MAPFRE & STS Travel insurance, Safaricom Home Insurance for Home fiber customers
- Working with Business Analysts & System Analysts during Requirements gathering & analysis for translation to functional specifications & deliverable tasks
- Designing wireframes & prototypes to communicate & manage user expectations during the initial stages of Application lifecycle
- Document User manuals, SOPs for digital assets to ensure quality and reliability
- Continuously re-factoring to optimize performance for the apps
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Ability to engage with Business Users
- Good Domain Knowledge of Insurance
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree
- Professional Certification in Application Design & Development
- Certification in Agile Project Management standards e.g. Scrum
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on Application Design and Development experience
How To Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via [email protected] quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 19th June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.