Goldstar Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Goldstar Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GS Kenya implements health related projects across Kenya and is to fill the Position of Community liaison strategist to be based in Garissa.
We value our employees and we believe our organization offers friendly working environment and a balanced work culture that inspires self-growth and professional excellence where individuals are inspired to live and driven by our core values:
· Community engagements
Where we work
Driven by our mission of Empowering communities to achieve better health our current team is spread across Kenya.
T he Community liaison strategist will be responsible for working closely with the project technical team and service providers to;
· Improve access to Type 1 diabetes care through infrastructure improvement, referral system, community mapping, capacity building of healthcare workers and household visits.
· Increase demand for Type 1 diabetes management amongst children through activation community health networks, capacity building of community health volunteers, community engagement through opinion leaders, incentivize and monitoring of community health volunteers.
· Advocate for improved Type 1 diabetes management amongst children through establishment and participation of stakeholder forum/technical working group, identification and engaging in key Type 1 diabetes management amongst children health policy issues.
· To ensure improved efficiency in operations and achievement of results, use technology as an enabler.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES.
- The focal person for on community level interventions at sub-county level ensuring improving knowledge and quality of existing health services as well as improving promotive, preventive health services at community.
- Conduct social mobilization of community structures and population to effectively participate in the health promotion programs engaging community Catalysts, religious leaders and community own resource persons.
- Provide continuous mentorship to community structures and leadership on health, development and related issues especially issues pertaining to Type 1 diabetes management amongst children.
- Oversee effective networking and collaboration within and beyond communities for learning and leveraging on health and developments.
- Ensure that community units achieve quality data through community base health management information system tools.
- Facilitate community level data use initiative i.e., Dialogue days, Health Action Days and integrated Health Outreaches. Works with CHEWs to oversee both technical and structural capacity building processes of the community units.
- Support strengthening of Type 1 diabetes management amongst children services delivery at health facilities including Mapping and referral from lower-level facilities and communities and also training of the CHEWs and the CHVs.
Work with CHS focal persons to schedule targeted demand creation services through
mobilization and support supervision at the Household level.
- Works with the SCHMT especially the public health officer and Deputy County Commissaries in respective sub-counties to engage the community through the NGAO Structure to improve health in areas without community units through Chiefs, village elders and the Nyumba kumi Structure to accelerate mapping of Type 1 diabetes children and linking them to health services.
- Represents the project at professional meetings and conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Diploma in social science or public health (Bachelors degree added advantage) with 5 years’ relevant experience in Community Health Strategies and NCD management.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in working with multi-cultural communities is an added advantage.
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
· Working knowledge on the Garissa context.
· Excellent technical skills e.g., social mobilization.
· Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding NCDs management.
· Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive and initiative.
Ability to travel regionally and nationally as needed.
6 months fixed contract
How to Apply
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: [email protected] Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 14 th September 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.