- Company: Options Consultancy Services Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaConsulting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Options seeks a Grants Officer in Kenya to provide support with the financial management and monitoring of grants as part of the Programme’s granting component, ensuring compliance with all internal and donor policies, promoting high quality, timely and cost-effective programme delivery through a consortium approach and following the highest safeguarding standards.
The summary purpose and objective of role is to:
- Support the Grants Lead with the small grants scheme setup: application, review, selection process, and tracking and monitoring systems. This may include communicating with relevant stakeholders and potential applicants
- Oversee overall progress of the grantee’s implementation against budget, simultaneously coordinating with the Grants Lead and the wider grants team, to have an understanding of implementation progress, including progress against the workplans and performance objectives
- Support the implementation of capacity building plans for grass roots grantee organisations.
- Support the capacity assessment and capacity building of grantee organisations.
- Continuously support grantees’ cross-learning by facilitating and capturing best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Support the MEL team in closely tracking and monitoring awarded grants against MEL plan targets.
- Undertake routine on-site monitoring visits to grantees
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Possess at minimum an undergraduate degree in relevant subject area (public health, business, Finance or the social sciences)
- Significant experience in managing programmes and grants, with a proven track record in disbursing grants directly to grassroots organisations in remote and diverse contexts, across a multi-country programme (minimum 4 years)
- Proven experience in designing robust granting mechanisms from inception
- Significant financial management experience, as well as budgeting, work planning, and fraud prevention and management
- Fluency in English (spoken, written, reading)
- Working proficiency in French (spoken, written, reading) is desirable
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia is a plus