Grants Officer Job, Finance Kenya Jobs 2021,
JOB TITLE: GRANTS OFFICER(S),
REPORTS TO: SENIOR GRANTS OFFICER,
DUTY STATION: KISUMU AND MACHAKOS,
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the pre-award review assessments of new implementation agencies and other new partners to identify areas of improvement, develop capacity, and track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
- Ensure compliance with Ciheb-Kenya policies and procedures, donor regulations related to sub awards, GOK laws, regulations, and practices.
- Periodically reviewing and auditing specific transactions reported: verify monthly reported expenses to ensure costs charged are allowable, allocable, and reasonable; and follow-up to ensure adherence of reporting timelines.
- Conduct onsite visits and prepare reports. Report all compliance findings to Senior Grants Officer and assist in development of possible solutions appropriately document follow-up, and ensure timely corrective action.
- Verify and track budget and expenditures against sub-recipient terms and conditions and ensure proper reporting, documentation, overall deliverables and milestones are reviewed by senior management and signed off prior to issuance of payment.
- Facilitate processing and disbursement of funds to sub recipient by ensuring funds are available to facilitate smooth implementation of projects and maintaining healthy cashflows.
- Maintain hard and electronic copies of all documentation pertaining to each sub recipient file, ensuring these are complete and up to date as per Ciheb-Kenya documentation requirements.
- Assist with partnership closeouts, including ensuring that all requirements of the sub agreement have been met to facilitate the final sign off by Ciheb-Kenya Senior Management.
- External audit facilitation
- A degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field, ACCA finalist or CPA (K)
- At least 5 years’ experience in sub award management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented; high degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly working with spreadsheets and databases
- Proven effectiveness working in a team under minimum supervision
- Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 24th September 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “ GRANTS OFFICER ” on the subject line also indicating preferred location.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .