- Company: Dedan Kimathi University
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) was established under the University’s Act 2012 by the Government of Kenya in December 2012. It is a Public University that focuses exclusively on Technology. It is the successor of Kimathi University College of Technology (KUCT), a constituent college if Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), that was established in 2007. The University offers a wide range of programmes both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in various Schools and Institutes. These include:Computer Science and Information Technology, Engineering, Applied Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Health Science, Business Management and Economics, Geothermal Energy Technology, Geomatics, Geospatial Information Systems and Remote Sensing, Tourism and Hospitality and Technical and Professional Studies. The University also offers diploma and Certificate courses for mid-level technical skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for illustrative design and typography. This candidate will have experiences in working with numerous different design platforms such as digital and print forms.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets
- Create compelling and effective logos, designs, print and digital media
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills and design skills
- Portfolio of work