- Company: Sistema Biobolsa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
Sistema Biobolsa is a system that transforms the manure of animals into biogas and a potent, natural fertilizer. By inputting the manure in the system on a daily basis, you will be able to develop and grow your activities on the farm, improve your energy security, and protect the environment. Transforming your animals’ manure into resource will provide you with a better quality of life!
Who is the Head of Credit at Sistema.bio
At Sistema.bio, we manufacture, install and finance our patented biodigesters. Offering financing plans to farmers is core to our model because it makes the product affordable and reduces barriers to adoption.
Reporting to the Managing Director East Africa, the Head of Credit (Credit Manager) is responsible for improving the credit skillset of our teams and all credit processes to support our ambitious commercial goals!
You’ll be in charge of:
- Improving the credit and sales teams’ appraisal and recovery skills by developing and implementing training modules (Credit Academy)
- Critically reviewing, improving, automating internal processes and reporting, such as an automated credit scoring tool
- Designing new financial products to accompany the sales expansion into new market segments of productive farms with loans ranging from Ksh 350,000 to Ksh 2 million
- Ensuring complete adherence to our credit policy and improving it where needed, with a strong focus on improving our biodigester repossession strategy
- Improving overall quality of the loan portfolio by rigorously tracking the core portfolio quality indicators to coach the loan recovery team and design effective collections strategies and tactics
- Ensuring that the monthly collections, PAR90 and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Producing accurate internal and external reports that professionally reflect the quality of the portfolio, client profiles and credit team efficiency
More about YOU
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience working in a microfinance organization, fintech or in another similar role
- You are organized and rigorous, and never miss any detail
- You are able to draw conclusions from complex datasets and use data & facts to make a decision
- You enjoy hearing about challenges and are creative in exploring, testing and implementing solutions
- You consider a project or task is finished when all stakeholders (including the customer) are satisfied
- You derive pride in observing, suggesting improvements, and coaching your team
- You thrive in building simple, replicable and scalable processes
- You are tech savvy and believe digital and automation are the future for rural lending
- You are passionate about farmers, their cash flows, challenges, and have proven experience in rural lending
Women are encouraged to apply!
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio?
- Passion and purpose: working at Sistema.bio, you’ll be able to work with a very passionate team and have a real social and environmental impact every day
- A growing team with growing opportunities: bio plans to double in the coming years. This growth is opening new roles, new countries, new departments that can keep offering new opportunities for our team’s careers and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the customer: at Sistema.bio, we are passionate about knowing and serving our customers, small and medium-scale farmers. We want you to be able to spend time in the field with them and genuinely understand their problems, their everyday concerns and connect with them.
- We care about your career progression: we have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance twice a year.
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in people owning their projects and being able to take responsibility for them.
- Work-life balance: at Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy, therefore we give you unlimited holidays, parental leave, pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed.
- Gender Equality: bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
We’re excited to hear from you. Kindly prepare a structured and clear answer to the three questions below as part of your application. Only applications with complete and detailed answers will be considered.
- Tell us why your prior experiences make you the perfect fit for this role. Why now?
- What criteria do you use when designing, testing, and implementing a new financial product? Use an example of when you have done this in the past to describe your step-by-step approach.
- Tell us about a training program you have designed and implemented for your credit team. What was the training about and how was it delivered? What were some challenges and how did you overcome them?
Location & Travel
- Based in Nairobi Headquarters
- Traveling 20 % of your time to Central, Mt. Kenya & Rift Valley region