- Company: Ramco Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Mr Rambhai came to Kenya in the early 1940s from the Gujarat region of India. He started a small hardware store in downtown Nairobi in 1948 and that was the humble beginnings of what is now the Ramco Group. His 3 sons, Kirit, Mahendra and Chandrakant joined the family business after their studies and based on these strong family ties, the group built a solid foundation on which it could grow and expand. Ramco Group’s initial expansion was within the hardware and building supplies industry which the family knew well. However, in 1986, the brothers diversified into both stainless steel and printing with the acquisitions of ASL Steel and Polythene Industries respectively. These investments opened the door into new industries and soon after, further acquisitions were made in these sectors. In 1995, the Group acquired Sai Office Supplies, an office supplies distributor and soon after came investments in the retail side of this sector.
As Head of Retail, you will oversee a chain of retail stores where you are responsible for overall success of all the outlets, which includes meeting your financial and service targets. You are responsible for maintaining standards, attractive display and merchandising, maximizing margin potential and identifying and implementing new products and service offers, whilst maintaining the highest level of service.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Get new business development ideas.
- Build high quality brand image through merchandising.
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff
- Provide cost and sales analysis on all retail products offered
- Develop and maintain retail KPI’s
- Oversee Cash handling and cash reconciliation
- Oversee Stock Control
- Monitor stock in each shop, ensure adequate supplies
- Oversee daily management of all goods-in and monitor their consumption
- Create enjoyable customer experience which exceeds customary standards and service levels
- Maintain brand standards
- Give support to staff so they can have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role
- and to achieve growth in sales.
- Ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the branches, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Identify and implement improved service practices and procedures
- Maintain accurate client data-base information
- Implement cyclical displays to support in-house promotions and events
- Liaise with Marketing and Sales to initiate and implement promotions and events within the branches
- Liaise with Marketing for promotional requirements and create promotional offers
- Deal with customer queries and complaints
- To ensure appraisals are completed annually
- Ensure that all branches have the licence required for operation
- To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure, and standards
- Working in conjunction with consultants and contractors, to carry out new shop site evaluations, fit out etc.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Any other assigned duties
- The ability to manage, motivate and inspire others.
- Display a positive and proactive approach to lead change.
- Highly self-motivated
- A flexible approach to working hours, including weekend working
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Passionate, enthusiastic & driven.
- Proactive and able to lead a team to achieve results.