Job Vacancy: Head of Talent & Organization Development
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Our client in the micro finance banking industry is looking to recruit the Head of Talent and Organization Development.
This being a senior role they will be expected to develop and implement the bank’s talent management strategy and build partnerships with the business to ensure alignment of talent strategy and services with the business strategy.
- To design and develop innovative and high impact talent management strategy aligned to the Bank’s overall strategy.
- To implement talent and organization strategy and build partnerships with the business to enable and support implementation.
- To develop and implement talent management policies.
- Strategy execution
- Implementing a structure that supports our strategy.
- To develop and implement high potential programmes that involve identification, development and placements of HIPOs’ in the Bank.
- To implement coaching in the Bank and ensure executive coaching for senior management.
- To undertake recruitment for key positions that build to the leadership and talent pipeline of the Bank.
- To implement annual organizational surveys and ensure corrective action on all areas of improvement.
- To ensure implementation of an effective performance management model including competency modelling.
- Training and implementing an effective performance management system.
- To diagnose current and future talent and capability gaps and recommends innovative solutions to fill gaps.
- To develop annual workforce plan along with the various business heads and execute the plans through applying creative resourcing techniques.
- To implement comprehensive and detailed on-boarding plans and ensure seamless integration for all new staff.
- To develop and implement programmes that focus on creating a leadership pipeline and conduct leadership assessments, using a combination of assessment tools and provide feedback to Exco.
- To oversee the development of the Bank’s annual training plan and its implementation and ensure alignment with the Talent Management strategy.
- To oversee the development and implementation of career paths.
- To develop a succession planning program and implement.
- To act as the Custodian/keeper of employee rights as maintained in the labour laws.
- To be responsible for maintaining a pulse on overall staff productivity trends.
- To advise EXCO on issues that may affect performance while also advising on interventions that can improve performance.
- To oversee employees’, pay and benefits to ensure that staff motivation is enhanced within approved cost management levels, and the Bank maintains a competitive edge in the industry. These include monthly staff payroll, bonuses as well as Leave Management.
- To develop modern Staff Welfare and Motivation schemes.
- To oversee staff access to the established staff insurance benefits- the Medical scheme, Group Life Cover and Group Personal Accident covers;
- To ensure compliance to all statutory requirements and payments e.g. NHIF, NSSF, HELB, PAYE among others.
- To develop and facilitate the implementation of the Talent & Organization Development Annual Budgets.
- To develop the employee loan policy and oversee the implementation of the employee loan schemes.
Knowledge: Skills and Experience required for this role
This being a senior role the following are the requirements:
- 10 years’ experience in Talent & Organization Development, with 5 years in Senior Management.
- MBA or Masters in a Social Discipline would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR/Social Sciences Discipline.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent emotional intelligence skills and techniques.
- Very good People management and inter-personal skills
- Solid knowledge and application of Legislations and regulations in Human Resources and Labour laws.
- Strong networking skills, both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Understanding of Policies and procedures in Human Resources and social discipline management.
Competencies required for this Role.
- Deciding and Initiating Action.
- Leading and Supervising.
- Adhering to Principle and Values.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Working and People.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal investigation (DCI)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Proof of registration as a Certified member of IHRM
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to [email protected] by 19th July 2021
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement.