Teaching Jobs In Kenya.
Name of Organization: GRACE Initiative,
Title: Head Teacher,
Location: Mosocho, Kisii,
GRACE Initiative is private school based in Kisii looking to fill the position of a head teacher with a high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professional to join their institution who will be tasked with understanding the school’s policies, assisting with recruitment of new staff members, supervising the school’s education staff, communicating with parents, teachers and students as required, handling allocated tasks, answering questions and queries and oversee day -day school operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the school’s administrative function. Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood, and acted upon effectively by all. Assist in shaping and upholding the vision of the school.
- Build a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participatory process.
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching, and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Review the daily fee collection and ensure that the institution is financially stable and able to meet its obligations i.e., bank loan, staff salaries, suppliers.
- Monitor financial affairs, including budgets and purchasing of school expenses. Work with the school’s bursar and accounting department in preparing an annual budget and ensure that it is strictly adhered to.
- Conduct teacher and staff evaluations to ensure proper implementation of curriculum
- Audit the schools accounts to seal any revenue leakages.
- Ensuring teachers and support staff have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes.
- Ensure that the school meets provisions in its strategic plan.
- Ensure that the schools meet all the regulations in the Ministry of Education.
- Provide Leadership to staff and students.
- Work closely with senior school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy.
- Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy policies, and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage the maintenance of the school site and property including the purchase and repair of all furniture and fittings.
- Ensure the health & safety policy is always implemented, put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as situations change.
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Oversee day-to-day school operations.
- Create benchmarks for students and teachers and track progress toward those goals.
- Develop programs that improve teacher performance and help students better understand class material.
- Provide a child safe environment in accordance with the child safe standards.
- Respond immediately to concerns of parents and school board administrators.
- Set learning goals for students and teachers based on national curricula.
- Present data from school performance to leadership.
- Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching. (e.g., Play based Learning).
- Review and implement school policies and values.
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g., building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects).
- Holder of degree or diploma in Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience preferably in an NGO school set up, 2 years of which should have been in a leadership position.
- Demonstrate proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, pupil assessment and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers, and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- A diligent leader with the flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures with good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively, and independently.
- Proactive, mature, and committed individual who can work with minimum supervision.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages.
- Commitment to creating a productive educational experience.
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Must be registered with Teacher Service Commission (TSC).
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria kindly email an application letter quoting the relevant skills and experience, a detailed copy of your C. V, copies of your academic certificates, national I. D, Certificate of good conduct and a minimum of 3 referees who may be contacted to verify your job experience to [email protected] not later than 15 th April 2022 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .