- Company: Oilfield Movers Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in KenyaNatural Science Jobs in Kenya
Oilfield Movers Limited (“OML” or the “Company”) is a privately-held, limited liability company with headquarters in Nairobi. The Company was founded in October 2012 by directors: James Mbote, Mwendia Nyaga and Fred Mbote with a goal to address gaps in the quality of logistics operations and service provision for the upstream oil and gas industry in the Eastern Africa Region.
OML Africa Logistics is a leading Logistical services provider dedicated to providing safe, efficient and reliable logistical solutions that consistently meets or exceeds our customers’ requirements and expectations in upstream & Midstream oil & gas, energy, mining and major infrastructure projects sectors. We do this through teamwork, effective and efficient utilization of resources and by continually improving the effectiveness of our Quality Management System. We commit to comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and benchmark on industries’ best practice.
The company seeks to hire a HSE Supervisor to Implement, Monitor, and continually improve OML’s Health, Safety, Environment and Training Obligations.
Job location: Mai Mahiu, Naivasha
To Implement, Monitor, and continually improve OML’s Health, Safety, Environment, Training Obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight on health safety and environment department spending in site activities, ensuring that all purchased goods and services are within the allocated budgets and meet the required quality needs, and are efficiently utilized.
- Drive a positive safety culture in the workplace to enhance reduced lost workdays, expenditure on treatment of causalities, and insurance claims/premiums.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and legal requirements (OSHA 2007, EMCA 2015 etc)
- Providing professional and advisory guidance on QHSE aspects to other departments.
- Ensure compliance and conformance with the company’s QHSE management system requirements for all operational activities.
- Lead in incident/accident investigations, ensuring timely circulation of reports, and implementation of preventive measures.
- Conduct HSE monthly audits for all site activities and circulate the report by every month for management review.
- Track and collate Key performance indicators in health safety and environment.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of work planning documents (SWPs, JSAs, PTWs) for all the site activities.
- Carry out Firefighting and First Aid equipment inspections and provide status reports.
- Ensure all site HACCP requirements are implemented for food, kitchen, accommodation and the ablution units including safe waste disposal.
- Ensure company waste management procedure is implemented and all waste adequately tracked.
- Conduct daily site HSE inspections and ensure timely circulation of the reports
- Coordinate site Toolbox Talks.
- Identify gaps in existing training programs, develop training material and conduct internal training for company employees and contractors.
- Participate in research statistics and data collation exercise as may be requested by the directorate, learning or government institutions.
- Physical and applied Sciences and Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC), Management Systems (QMS, OHMS, EMS)
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, and Risk Control (HIRARC) experience.
- Certified internal QMS auditor or internal audit experience