- Company: Sama
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in KenyaSama Jobs in Kenya
About The Job
As a Health & Wellbeing Manager , you will be responsible for offering a robust support system to ensure real time counseling support services to all staff. You will be tasked with coordinating & supervising all the activities of the Wellbeing Department and preparing periodic reports as required.
- Provide a safe outlet and relief to staff through counselling in order to enhance their productivity.
- Provide resilience counselling and support to staff and facilitate group counseling processes including planning the group process and group facilitation.
- Psychologically empower staff in the effort to manage stress and burnout.
- Provide continuous psychological assessments and identify areas of support required.
- Working with the training team, develop curriculum for personal development and wellness programmes.
- Identify any trends from counseling sessions and advise management on strategies to manage and enhance employee wellness.
- Manage the counseling team’s scheduling and work plans and submit periodic reports and statistics related to counseling and supervision activities including setting objectives for the counseling team and planning the activities required to achieve them.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage the counseling team’s self-care programme through support and supervision to avoid burnout and vicarious traumatization.
- Working with the training and policy team, create and facilitate wellness activities.
- Ensure that all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed at all times.
- Masters in Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in providing trauma and workplace counselling, with 3 years being in leadership position.
- Excellent reporting skills & stakeholder management
- Member of KCPA or other recognized accredited body for counselors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain neutrality, impartiality and confidentiality in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Good report writing and observational skills.
- Ability to handle issues with empathy.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs and willingness to work across different shifts