Hospital Chief Librarian Jobs, Librarian Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Purpose Of The Job
Provide strategic leadership in planning, developing and managing KUTRRH’s library services and directing their contribution to the teaching and research programs of the Hospital. S/he will play a critical leadership role to support the academic objectives of the University.
Responsibilities Of The Job
- Oversees all physical and digital operations of the Library and provides strategic advice and leadership to the University as well as to all Library users including students, researchers and faculty members.
- Consults broadly about information challenges, identifies critical Hospital needs, and, with knowledge of global developments in academic libraries and emerging technologies, leads the librarians in addressing information problems; promotes the use of progressive and innovative technologies to provide best access to information and resources.
- Ensures the evolution, enhancement, and preservation of information resources collections, in print and digital formats. Ensures that the collections constantly evolve in direct relation to changes and evolution of KUTRRH teaching and research programs
- Play an active role to advocate professional values in the areas of intellectual freedom, copyright and privacy
- Ensures the Hospitals Library strategy harmonizes with the overall values, goals and strategy of KUTRRH
- Strongly advocates the vital role information literacy plays in academic programs by promoting the integration of information literacy training into the academic curriculum.
- Provides effective leadership in the human, physical, and financial resources at the disposal of the Hospital Library works with colleagues at KUTRRH itself as well as across all the Hospitals research and academic entities, and through external partnerships to generate the resources needed to sustain KUTRRH’s efforts to carry out its mandate.
- Assumes an active role in relevant local, national, and international organizations to promote the interests of the Hospital Library;
- Building harmonious and enduring partnerships with external constituencies, including other regional and national libraries, Higher Education Institutions that will help the Hospital Library respond to the research, teaching, and service needs of students, faculty, and staff of the Hospital;
- Enhance effective relationships with the various faculty and student constituencies on campus to maintain open communication with clients in order to maintain and develop services responsive to user’s evolving needs.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- PhD preferred,
- Master of Library Science and Information Science or equivalent qualifications;
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job (evidence required):
- Knowledge of information and knowledge systems;
- Knowledge of planning, managing and delivering complex projects in an academic library;
- Knowledge of writings proposals and papers
- Knowledge of Budget Management
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Team Management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision Making skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
- At least ten year’s working experience in leadership, management and administrative experience in an academic or research library setting
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, we encourage applicants to apply online here or send hard copies of your Application Letter, CV, and Filled Application Form and address to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO