Hostel Matron Job, Current Hotel Jobs,
Purpose of the Position
Create a happy and well-disciplined atmosphere throughout the Hostel. The Matron is required to play a key role in the care of all the students in the hostel on a day-to-day basis, with particular responsibility for the physical, social and emotional well-being and presentation of the students in the Hostel. Ultimately, the objective of the Hostel Matron is to play a significant role in establishing a ‘home away from home’ environment in which the boarders are at ease.
Hostel Facility Duties
- Ensure a clean, habitable and homely hostel environment for the students.
- Motivate the girls to maintain cleanliness of the hostel facilities and therefore learn through doing in the spirit of holistic education.
- Effectively manage boarding items i.e. linen, bedcovers, blankets, pillows, mattresses etc. to ensure that they are clean and well maintained.
- Conduct regular inspections of the hostel premises and identify repair and maintenance needs and report to the RTRC Principal.
- Maintain discipline and care in the use of the hostel facilities and boarding items.
Hostel Health and Safety
- Take reasonable steps to provide a safe physical environment that supports students’ learning.
- Effectively respond to medical and emergency cases according to established procedures.
- Guidance and counseling of the girls.
- Ensure inspection of the girls’ luggage when they are reporting to school to ensure compliance with school rules and procedures.
- Conduct impromptu inspections of the girl’s rooms to ensure compliance.
- Implement established RTRC hostel policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular roll calls.
- Prepare regular hostel situation reports and submit to the RTRC Principal
- Provide a safe emotional environment that makes students feel positive about their boarding.
- Ensure punctuality of the girls and adherence to the school schedules.
- Effectively manage conflicts amongst the girls in order to maintain a healthy learning environment.
- Ensure adequate hostel supplies
- Maintain hostel stock and inventory
Other duties and responsibilities
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor from time to time and which are geared towards achieving the overall goal of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of education: Certificate in Hospitality and a KCSE mean grade C
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- First Aid Training
- Records Management Training
- Guidance and counselling training is an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have passion and commitment to work with children/students
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position and should be mature in age, preferably minimum 35 years
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 24 th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE