DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: MMU
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Applicants for the position of Hotel Manager, Grade MNT 13 MUST be holders of the following qualifications and relevant work experience as indicated below:-
- Served in the grade of Assistant Manager, Hotel Services or its comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Hotel and Hospitality Management; Hotel and Catering Management; Hotel and Institutional Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Hotel and Hospitality Management; Hotel and Catering Management; Hotel and Institutional Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer application skills course from a recognized institution;
- Have Certificate in Strategic Leadership/Governance Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Worked in a Four Star Hotel at a Senior Management level for at least three years with proven excellent performance;
- Valid Certificate of Health for food Handlers; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Those with Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Hotel and
- Hospitality Management; Hotel and Catering Management; Hotel and
- Institutional Management, Operations Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and a Diploma in Hotel Management, Food
- Technology from Utalii College or equivalent plus at least 12 years’ experience in
- Hotel Management, three of which must be at a Senior Management level in a
- Four Star Hotel with proven excellent performance are encouraged to apply.
- Reporting to MMU Hotel and Conference Centre Board, an officer at this level will head the Hotel and Conference Centre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Overseeing development and implementation of hotel policies and standards;
- Providing accommodation and conference services;
- Maintaining records of all hotel equipment, machine, tools and material;
- Directing the daily operations of hotel services;
- Ensuring general welfare of clients;
- Facilitating workflow in the hotel services;
- Reviewing customer feedback and taking appropriate action;
- Promoting and marketing hotel services;
- Controlling of stock and inventory;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, occupational safety and health requirements and other statutory regulations;
- Maintaining nutritional standards in menus;
- Overall supervision of catering and housekeeping services in the hotel;
- Ensuring maintenance of quality in hotel services
- Managing hotel budgets and controlling expenditure;
- Setting sales and profit targets for the hotel service;
- Leading the team in the development of menus, product lines;
- Overseeing maintenance of statistical and financial records; and
- Managing and developing staff;
The above positions carry competitive remuneration packages which include among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
Kenya Revenue Authority
Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of who must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below.
Applicants should fill the summary sheet attached in MS Word and send it to the following address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MMU is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelope, should reach the undersigned on or before Tuesday, 30th April, 2019.
Multimedia University of Kenya
P.O. Box 15653 – 00503
NAIROBI – KENYA
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org