- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - Human Resource Management Jobs in KenyaUNHCR Jobs in Kenya
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative or Human Resources Officer/Associate, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR).
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Provide clerical support in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff.
- Assist in processing local staff members¿ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Provide advice to staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements according to the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, arrange travel and hotel reservations. Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer¿s approval.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher