DPP 4 (JG `Q’)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 98,281 – Kshs. 137,980 pm.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
House Allowance: Kshs.45, 000 (Nairobi), Kshs. 28,000 (Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Malindi, Kitale), Kshs. 21,000 (Other Former Municipalities), Kshs. 16,800 (Other Areas)
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 14,000 p.m
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 10,000 p.a.
Medical Insurance Cover: As covered by the Medical Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Group Life Insurance Cover: As covered by Group Life Insurance for ODPP staff
Car loan: Up to Kshs. 3 Million
Mortgage Scheme: Up to Kshs. 15 Million
- Served in the grade of Senior Principal Human Resource Management Officer Job Group ’13’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of two (2) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Public/Business Administration Human Resource Management/Staff
- Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Post graduate diploma in Staff/Human Resource Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource/Staff Management, Business Administration or Public Administration or their equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National and ODPP goals, policies and development objectives.
Possession of a Strategic Leadership Development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of professional standards;
- Knowledge of national and Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions goals, policies and development objectives;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Policy formulation and implementation skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Planning skills;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Research skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Performance management skills;
- Budgeting skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Resource mobilization skills;
- ICT skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Organizational and administrative skills.
- Honesty and integrity;
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Self driven; and
- Results oriented;
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Assistant Director Human Resource Management Division for the assigned Human Resource Management function.
- Coordinating implementation of human resource policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure delivery of service is aligned to the constitution requirements and meets set quality standards;
- Overseeing the implementation of the divisional strategy and work plan, to ensure the operations of the division are aligned with the departmental strategy;
- Overseeing preparation and implementation of the divisional budget to ensure sufficient allocation and efficiency in resource utilization;
- Implementing of human resource plans to ensure adequate staff with the required skills and competencies for efficient and effective delivery of prosecution services;
- Providing professional advice on human resource management policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations;
- Advising on collective bargaining and negotiations with the union, to ensure minimal disruptions to the operations of public prosecution services that result from disgruntled employees;
- Overseeing implementation of career progression and succession management strategies to ensure availability of competencies required at all times;
- Overseeing payroll administration and authorizing of payments of salaries and allowances to ODPP staff to ensure a motivated workforce for enhanced organizational performance;
- Preparing Advisory Board papers and implementing board decisions in a timely manner to enhance the delivery of service at ODPP;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of human resource management policies, guidelines, procedures, and standards to inform timely review;
- Monitoring the development of skills inventory for divisional staff to ensure gaps in competences are identified and addressed through appropriate training programmes to ensure quality service delivery;
- Researching on human resource practices for review and adoption of best practices in order to enhance service delivery;
- Overseeing recruitment of staff and proper placement to ensure achievement of ODPP strategic objectives;
- Overseeing development and implementation of performance management system in the division to ensure quality and timely service delivery;
- Analysing of staff establishment, and providing recommendations to ensure ODPP has the right competencies at the right positions at all times for effective and efficient delivery of service;
- Overseeing the development and review of the ODPP career progression guidelines and advising on appropriate changes to ensure the guidelines are based on best practice;
- Ensuring proper maintenance and security of human resource records, to ensure full compliance with the Employment Act;
- Overseeing preparation of the agenda for the Human Resource Advisory Committee and ensuring timely implementation of decisions to enhance staff motivation;
- Coordinating the preparation of quarterly and annual divisional reports and sharing with the management for informed decision making to enhance organizational performance;
- Participating in relevant committees to support the implementation of the ODPP mandate; and
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring staff under him/her to enhance motivation and performance;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1 . The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and
- Clearance certificate from the following bodies:-
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers ii. Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, letters of appointment to their current substantive posts and previous post, detailed curriculum vitae and clearance certificates during the interviews.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 – 00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Monday, 18th February, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.