HR Manager Jobs, HR Jobs, Legal Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our client is a leading regional investment holding company that is setting up operations in Kenya. Their services include asset management, banking, insurance services and diversified investment in the Energy, healthcare, Telecommunications, Engineering and Construction. They seek to hire a HR Manager who will double up as a Legal Officer and assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of human capital management and compliance division.
Job title: HR Manager/ Legal Officer
Reporting to: Ag Country Chief Executive
Salary: 250 – 300K
- Working with various departments, assisting business heads to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Prepare reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism, employee turnover and low morale among the workforce
- Planning and delivering training – including inductions for new staff
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures.
- Implementing performance management, absence management, and training and development processes
- Monitor staff performance through conducting performance appraisals and giving feedback.
- Preparing staff handbooks, maintaining employee records and Prepare staff and tenant contracts and advise management accordingly.
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with business heads;
- Drafting and/or revising various documents of legal nature, ensuring in particular-that obligations stemming from legislation and regulations currently in force are complied with
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and advise on human resource and work related issues.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of Services.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Assuming responsibility for various legal dossiers and following up on these; Supporting various projects (e.g. review risk policies)
- Must have a degree or a Higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a HRM/ Legal Officer
- Diploma or Certificate in Law is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in HR Operations management, Human Resource programs and HR legal compliance requirements
- Excellent knowledge in labor and business law
- Proficiency in Human Resource Information Systems
- Good understanding of business processes and controls to manage information, guide personnel, and facilitate decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- A good feel for cross-cultural differences, an open mind, and a flexible attitude
- Focus on achieving results and getting things done within a demanding organization; Excellent oral and written proficiency in English
How to Apply