Regional Projects Operations Coordinator Job, Current NGO Kenyan Jobs 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
JOB TITLE: Regional Projects Operations Coordinator
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the ICAP NY Project Officer and the ICAP Kenya Country Director, the Regional Project Operations Coordinator will support coordination, operations, and knowledge management for ICAP teams and their Ministry of Health partners in CQUIN countries, primarily in East Africa. The Regional Project Operations Coordinator will work with ICAP teams in country offices and NY headquarters to provide project coordination support, including the development of work plans and budgets, documenting project activities, and supporting travel and meeting logistics and communication.
- Leading day-to-day CQUIN and EAIPC regional project coordination activities in East Africa
- Supporting the CQUIN and EAIPC project teams to conduct national and regional workshops/meetings, webinars and virtual communities of practice, south-to-south exchanges, and documentation of innovations
- Working with regional project team to develop and monitor work plans, reports, meeting/call notes, and budgets
- Supporting the CQUIN and EAIPC teams in the design, implementation, and evaluation of workshops and meetings, including development of panels, and presentations, preparing participants, collecting, and analysing meeting evaluation data
- Collecting and disseminating best practices and guidance on DSD and IPC for network stakeholder reference
- Monitoring and documenting progress toward achievement of project goals and objectives for project reporting
- Assisting the regional clinical team to provide operations and coordination support on country engagement visits as needed
- Meeting with project stakeholders in-person and virtually, to support project objectives
- Completing any other tasks as assigned
Administrative and Logistics Support:
The Regional Operations Project Coordinator will support CQUIN and East Africa IPC events, including catalytic projects and research studies, by coordinating and tracking travel, vendors, and internal standard operating protocols (SOPs). S/he will be responsible for:
- Coordinating network member travel from East Africa for various project activities.
- Managing identification, hiring and monitoring of vendors to provide services to CQUIN and East Africa IPC meetings/workshops and other event services (both virtually and in-person).
- Supporting the development of event SOPs, and to distribute and track participant invitations and registration surveys, bursary information and distribution of meeting materials.
- Overseeing the tracking of receipts, invoices, and per diems for CQUIN and East Africa project activities and ensure that relevant information is documented, filed and catalogued appropriately.
- Liaising with regional ICAP country office staff to provide updates and support anticipated project activities, including network member travel and securing meeting and workshop venues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Project Management or Business Administration required
- Post graduate degree or certificate in public health, management sciences, or project management is an asset
- At least seven years of experience supporting public health project implementation is required
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint required
- Experience using Zoom and Air Table will be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and coordination of online events, webinars, or trainings strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate stakeholders throughout East Africa as required
- Fluency in English is required
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, manage complex projects, multi-task, and prioritize workload effectively.
- Willingness to travel regionally for up to 1 week to support events up to six times per year
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23 rd 2021.