IT Jobs In Kenya.
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a registered trust of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) with the mandate to provide reliable, quality and affordable essential drugs, medical supplies, training and other pharmaceutical services.
- Configure hardware and software, set up peripherals such as printers or routers, repair equipment, and provide support for computer network users
- Support users on computer software or hardware infrastructure issues, as requested through telephone and e-mail communication
- Create, configure and load development, test and production databases
- Support database migration and cleaning activities
- Manage access controls for test and production data base
- Monitor production database performance and tune databases to optimize performance
- Perform database maintenance, backup and recovery tasks
- Respond to production database failures and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain/fix codes that breaks in in-house applications
- Implement database changes
- Write reports, track inventory, evaluate new technologies and develop contingency plans to mitigate software failures.
- Support development and implementation of new computer software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Functional skills: competencies in hardware, software SQL database management, organizational skills and communication skills
- Good understanding of SQL and general relational database management technologies
- At least 5 years’ experience in systems administration, application development, hardware and software maintenance and user support
- At least 5 years’ experience in database implementation and administration
- Demonstrated proficiency in Organizational database technologies (SQL Server management, SQL Queries, MS Access, MYSQL and other database technologies)
- Good grasp of application development technologies in use in Organization today such as HTML, C#, ASP, .NET, Visual Basic.NET, and other appropriate tools in a Microsoft environment
- Knowledge and skills in SYSPRO ERP will be an added advantage
- Behavioural competencies and attitude: High level of integrity, interpersonal relations, self-driven and attention to detail, mental resilience, establishing rapport
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .