ICT Officer Job, Current IT Jobs,
Position: ICT Officer,
Reporting to: ICT In Charge,
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and hardware functions according to specifications
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling.
- Manage network servers and technology tools and ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Monitor performance and regularly maintain computer systems according to requirements
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Ensure security of data, machines, through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Provide user and technical support including staff training availability, security, confidentiality and integrity of information and ICT infrastructure.
- Manage the Hospital website, Internet, the LAN, WAN with other areas concerned.
- Schedule prevention maintenance of all ICT equipment in the organization
- Ensure the availability of a stable, reliable and effective database and solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Work with HMIS developers to design, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Diploma or degree in in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Information System or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Programming experience in Java, C++, PHP, PL/SQL, Crystal reports. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional) is a plus
- Proven working experience as an IT Officer. Work experience in a hospital set up is an added advantage.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of graphic designs and show level of creativity in coming up with new policies and ideas.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents before 20th December 2020 to:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE