Impact Officer Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Impact Officer,
Reporting To: Uhc Lead,
Physical Location: Nairobi,
Duration Of Contract: 1 Year,
The Impact Officer will be responsible for working with the business development team to support the development of programs which result in social change, in the communities we serve and reach. They will also be responsible for keeping up with the latest evidence generated from Amref Enterprise programs to ensure informed decision making.
- Work with business development to establish and implement measurable goals for the Amref Enterprise impact agenda.
- Work with business development to support the inclusion of human centred design in proposals
- Lead the development of opinion pieces, white papers and publications in peer reviewed journals to establish AEL as an opinion leader.
- Gather and use relevant data to drive the development of strategy and decision making.
- Support the development of a criteria to support decision making on opportunities.
- Encourage innovative thinking and lead the development of health programme experiments to ensure we develop effective, scalable and replicable solutions.
- Support the design of programme dashboards to ensure the program teams have timely awareness of programme performance.
- Coordinate the development of programme surveys, reviews and oversee the maintenance of M&E databases.
- Develop and oversee operational research and impact evaluation of programmes, including reporting study results.
- Manage the IRB processes for approvals and follow up actions
- Support the development of Board reports
- Invest time and resources to train and develop the capacity of the business development team in using design thinking and human centred approaches to proposal development.
- Support the development of teams who share your commitment to evidence and technical excellence.
- Create strategic partnerships which advance the capacity of Amref Enterprises to reach its potential.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge products and assets repository including research protocols and tools, reports, data sets, and publications
- Develop and maintain inventory of resource persons in the design andimplementation of research, M&E, etc
- Assess Amref’s context of operation and develop a list of research ideas
- Produce high quality and varied research outputs and learning products for a range of audiences including analysis, report writing and presentations where necessary
- Support the development of Research and Learning frameworks, tracking progress against programme indicators and collecting information relevant to improving the evidence base for the design of programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience; Master’s degree desirable;
- Knowledge of human centred design methods;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Proven financial management and analytical skills including experience in planning and managing budgets;
- Excellent writing skills with ability to write reports, articles and promotional materials;
- Excellent verbal communications skills with the ability to present scientific data to lay audiences; and
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft
- At least 4 years relevant experience;
- Public health experience in a diverse range of technical areas not limited to reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Non-Communicable diseases and WASH;
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and an ability to synthesize and analyse data using a range of tools g. SPSS and Nvivo;
- Successful publication in key peer reviewed journals as 1-3rd author and experience presenting scientific information to a varied audience; and
- Understanding of human centred design methods and their application to global health challenges
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize
- Leadership and motivation
- Relationship building and networking
- Excellent problemsolving
- Creative and lateral
- Self-motivated with positive
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a
- Strong IT
- Excellent attention to
- Analytical, strategic orientation and
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Team work, leadership and collaboration
- Innovative approach to challenges
- Commitment to Amref Health Africa’s mission, vision and values
How to apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF expressing your interest, your salary expectation and clearly outlining your qualifications for the position (Not exceeding 2 pages); and an updated CV in PDF (Not exceeding 3 pages) highlighting all relevant educational, employment experience and availability to [email protected] The subject line for your email should read: AEL/ Pharmacist – AMC/08-2020 . Deadline for applications is 15 August 2020 . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and select ion process.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking