- Company: Navitas
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Business DevelopmentRetail Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Key Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to represent Murdoch University’s international student recruitment interests in Africa. The In-Country Representative will develop and maintain links with stakeholders and partners to increase student enrolments. The In-Country Representative will develop and manage academic and other partnerships, including articulations, joint degrees, and student mobility. This position requires a degree of independence and initiative.
Principal Accountabilities and Duties
- Devise and operationalise the relevant country plans alongside the RM.
- Assist the RM to implement the country marketing plans and to achieve the recruitment targets.
- Deliver market insight and accurate sales forecasts through regular and detailed reports to the RM.
- In cooperation with the RM, build and maintain sound relationships with the agent network and assist RM to ensure these agents are properly trained and resourced.
- In cooperation with the RM, assist the University to build and maintain beneficial relationships with other in- country stakeholders, including Australian and local government agencies, local education institutions, scholarship bodies and others.
- Arrange and participate in all student recruitment activities including, but not limited to, training, events, student conversion, information sessions and managing enquiries/agent requests.
- Assist with follow-up and liaison between Murdoch International, students and event hosts.
- In cooperation with RM, assist with the production of relevant social media initiatives, electronic marketing and print publications where required.
- Assist RM in the identification and processing of institutional credit transfer articulations.
- Handle student enquiries and manage leads.
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting of all activities.
- Coordinate student contact to confirm outcome of visa interview.
- Execute pre-departure process with channel partners and students.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the student recruitment industry within the African education market and a sound understanding of the ESOS Act 2000.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage competing requirements simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with the ability to establish trust and respect at all levels internally and externally.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for reporting and analysis.
- Strong customer focus.
- Sound administrative and organizational skills.
- An undergraduate university qualification
- Proven track record of strong sales performance
- High level numeric literacy and critical thinking
- High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills including Business level written and oral capability in English
- Proven ability as a team player
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking
- An eye for developing new recruitment initiatives
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of recruitment activities both locally and internationally
- Ability to meet targets within defined timelines among changing priorities
- Willing to travel as required
- Established network within the education industry
- Sound knowledge of the international education industry
- Marketing and promotions experience
- Proven ability to monitor and evaluate the success of activities and report appropriately
- Proven ability to work successfully with education agents
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix structure to ensure competing demands are met
Key Performance Indicators
- Performance against target for intakes
- Conversion rates
- Team engagement / satisfaction / performance
- Contribute to positive team culture
- Agent satisfaction
What we can offer you:
- Career progression and professional development pathways
- A strong, positive and values driven workplace culture
- Collegial and collaborative environment with a commitment to education
- Access to, and support from, a comprehensive and experienced sales and marketing workforce
- Mobility within the business and global locations
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives for you and your family