- Company: Nutrition International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.
You will have a degree or diploma in computer science. At least 3 years’ experience in IT Help Desk experience or similar role. Previous experience with SQL, SharePoint, Dynamics GP, Dynamics CRM is an asset. Experience with Microsoft MCP/MCSE/MTA/Microsoft 365 certified or ITIL v3 is desirable. Competent IT skills including Windows server services and AzureAD, Exchange online and office 365suite. Good working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, patience, multi-tasking ability, attention to detail and customer service orientation.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of major languages particularly French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Creating and modifying users; profiles as required following IT standards. Updating users official title and department accesses when needed.
- Providing basic user support for NI staff on software including MS SQL databases, MS SSRS, MS SharePoint, MS Office 365, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics CRM, BOARD, CLM and other Windows Server Services, MS Office 365 and other software that are being used at NI.
- Ensuring that licenses and cloud subscriptions are renewed when required.
- Tracking IT equipment in Africa Region during their lifecycle as per the relevant corporate policies.
- Setting and configuring laptops, accessories, and appropriate software for new employees as per the corporate onboarding package.
- Ensuring departing staff have their network and systems access discontinued, their licenses terminated or repurposed and work with HR to make sure that allocated equipment is timely returned.
- Reviewing and recommending technical specifications for new laptops and other IT related equipment purchases and maintain approved models list.
- Supporting the IT budgeting process by providing input on hardware and software renewals.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.