- Company: Bamboo Capital Partners
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Bamboo Capital Partners is a commercial private equity firm making investments that matter. It finds game-changing businesses then applies a mix of geographical and sector expertise to deliver financial and social returns. Experts in energy, healthcare and financial services globally, Bamboo has offices in Luxembourg, Geneva, Bogota, Nairobi and Singapore.
Bammboo is currently looking for an Investment Associate for its BUILD Fund, joining our small team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals as soon as possible. The Investment Associate will report to the Fund Manager, will be based in our Kenya office, with frequent travels on the African continent. The BUILD Fund is sponsored by the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF). It focusses on small and medium sized companies financing the so-called “missing middle”. Most of the portfolio will be targeting Least Developed Countries with an initial focus on Africa with a sub-fund specifically dedicated to investments in Malawi. The vast majority of financing will be debt. Average deal sizes range from USD 250,000 to USD 3m or equivalent amount in local currency. The sectors in which such SMEs operate will principally include the financial sector (financial inclusion), the decentralized renewable energy sector, and food and agribusiness value chains. Investments will promote Gender equality throughout the portfolio.
As part of his/her responsibilities, the Investment Associate will be in charge of the following:
- Source transactions for the fund in close coordination with the Fund Manager and UNCDF.
- Screen and appraise investment opportunities and where advisable, take responsibility for specific transactions in close coordination with the Fund Manager.
- Steer and participate to Pre-Due Diligence and Due Diligence activities for potential
- investments. This includes performing in-depth analysis of identified companies and projects (financial, business, strategic, and related socio-economic impacts), coordination of the information collection and the overall assessment process.
- Work as part of a small team to review and develop investment decisions based on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis and prepare written investment recommendations for the Fund’s Risk and Investment Committees.
- Steer post-approval / pre-disbursement activities. Including preparation of pre-disbursement documents, conducting KYC/AML analysis and coordinate with BCP’s Fund Administration.
- Steer/contribute to the activities of monitoring and investees investments until repayments/exits.
- Steer valuation and audit process of investments for specific transactions.
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with clients, co-investors and partners.
- Participate and contribute to the respective internal meetings and engage in BCP related activities
- Share knowledge and actively expand your knowledge through “on-the-job” learning activities.
- Follow BCP’s procedures and policies.
Candidates should have the following profile:
- Investment analysis experience with entire investment process from origination to exit in fixed income / debt and equity;
- MBA or equivalent ality, self-starter, entrepreneurial, flexible, able to work with a high level of autonomy and in a challenging environment;
- Team player with emerging markets experience;
- Strong analytic, financial modeling, and structuring skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Long term and genuine interest in Impact Investments and motivated by Bamboo’s vision.
- Fluent in with at least 3 years of work experience;
- Dynamic person English (written and spoken). French is a plus.
We offer an attractive compensation package as well as a dynamic working environment in a highcaliber team of motivated professionals.