- Company: Jamii Telecommunications
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Jamii Telecommunications Limited (JTL) is a privately owned Kenyan telecommunication service provider offering broadband and mobile services under the “FAIBA” brand.
- Network high-availability dimensioning and optimization.
- Upkeep proper documentation for the core network, MPLS /IP.
- Analyze statistics, logs, and alarms from monitoring systems to maintain network health and take preventive actions as appropriate.
- Operate and maintain the Company’s IP and MPLS networks.
- Assist in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades.
- Support team members and other teams in operations, customer support, planning, and projects.
- Identify critical areas of improvement in the network.
- Automate repetitive tasks where appropriate.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers as required.
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rotation, providing technical support.
- Provisioning of circuits for new customers.
- Participate in the training of other staff, including documentation of standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training material for use by the team.
- Participate in designing, testing, implementing, operating, and maintaining the Company’s IP and MPLS networks.
- Be willing to research and keep abreast of new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR IP CORE ENGINEER ROLE
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering – light current option, BSC Computer Science Telecommunications, and Information/IT Engineering,
- Valid CCNA and CCNP certificates (latest Versions) or a closely related field of expertise. CCIE will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar role
- Good analytical skills.
- Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Self-awareness and assertiveness.