Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 85 countries.
It has revenues in excess of £1Bn and employs over 16,000 staff worldwide.
Ipsos provides research services and strategic insights to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organisations.
At Ipsos we are passionately curious about people, markets, brands and society.
We make our changing world easier and faster to navigate and inspire clients to make smarter decisions.
We deliver with security, simplicity, speed and substance.
We are Game Changers.
Senior Research Executive (BHT) – Ipsos in Kenya
- This role exists to manage and execute research projects in a manner that ensures client satisfaction.
- The role holder will manage and oversee multiple projects, across varied clients ensuring high quality of data and insights are delivered within the set timelines and budget – ultimately, to impact Ipsos and client business positively.
Essential Responsibilities and Deliverables
- In collaboration with the relevant teams, prepare and review project budget.
- Prepare and manage detailed project schedules/ timelines and ensure on schedule project completion and delivery.
- Regularly and proactively update clients on project progress and keep all relevant stakeholders updated on the day to day project status.
Client Relationship Management and Business Development
- Invest time in building client business knowledge to help in client centricity.
- Provide technical and commercial input into proposals in terms of research design, methodologies, costs, deliverables, and timing.
- Keep abreast with current offerings and developments within Ipsos and in the research world at large to ensure that proposals and pitches are both competitive and differentiating.
- Stay updated on competitors’ research offerings in all geographies where Ipsos operates.
- Ensure that industry and research knowledge is integrated from other projects, desk research and other teams/sources to obtain a consolidated, competitive offering for the clients’ benefit.
- Demonstrate strong theoretical knowledge of general business, marketing, brand & brand health management when engaging with clients.
- Design, review and test all relevant research instruments (questionnaires, discussion guides, interviewer briefs).
- Structure accurate sampling plans that ensure accurate data collection and quality.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Check and ensure accuracy of information received from data processing.
- Prepare detailed analysis briefs that cover client questions to guide insights generation.
- Apply market experience and data reading skills to interpret the findings in detail.
- Write accurate and insightful reports keeping proposal requirements and objectives in mind and in adherence to relevant Ipsos standards.
- Consult other relevant external data sources and analyze market trends that will enhance and add value to client delivery.
- Design presentations according to client and Ipsos standard requirements.
- Make presentation to Client when required.
Leadership, Team and People Management
- Be responsible for coaching / on the job training for junior team members.
- Proactively responsible for own learning & development through all available and relevant sources
- Promote team spirit.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- A relevant University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ continuous experience in market research.
- Solid knowledge of market research services and tools (preferably with an emphasis on quantitative custom research, but having both quantitative and qualitative experience will be an advantage).
- Experience in running brand health tracking projects would be preferred.
- Knowledgeable on industry issues.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing budgets and cost management.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Excellent leadership and project management Skills.
- Strong Analytical skills, Training skills and Delegation skills.
- Expertise in Brand Health Tracking.
- Excellent computing skills especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to;
Application will not be considered if a covering letter is not attached.
Include “Senior Research Executive – Brand Health Tracking, Ipsos in Kenya” in the cover letter and email subject header.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Saturday, 17th July 2021, 5pm