Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Reporting To: Country Director **
Base Location: Nairobi 70% and 30% Field Office
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities. We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Through working in chronic food deficit areas and in the most disadvantaged areas, IRK has ensured that its programmes target those who are most vulnerable in the most disadvantaged areas. These programmes include Health and nutrition, Water and Sanitation, livelihoods, Child-welfare and other special programmes (Qurbani and Ramadhan).
To be responsible for c oordination, planning, reporting and management of IRK human resources. Being the Human Resources generalist, the incumbent will ensure development and institutionalization of effective HR policy and procedures.
Reporting to the Country Director technically and administratively, working closely with International HR Partner, HR Officer is responsible for the updating of HR policy, planning for IRK human resource requirement in line with business strategy, recruitment, training, development, disciplinary, compensation and separation.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director HR Coordinator is expected to:
- Strategically plan human resources in line with business strategy
- Manage, track and maintain a proper filing system related to recruitment, contracts, of personnel including renewal of contracts and health benefits.
- Coordinate, the attraction and retention of the right quality of employees required with the right skills and competencies in the organization
- Advising and giving support to organizational management on all matters of human resource
- · Implement and develop the HR National policies and procedures
- · Administering employee health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, terminations & payment
- · Acting as a liaison between employees and insurance providers
- · Act as a focal point for all Staff grievances related to HR
- · Conduct a job evaluation survey to identify the necessary staffing needs
- · Coordinate all Recruitments for Kenya Program
- · Manage all pay roll Systems and Supervise payments of salaries to Staff
- · Coordination of performance appraisals and establishing an annual training plan
- · Draft job descriptions for all anticipated new positions and review current Job Description to make them in line with role requirements
- · Coordinate and facilitate induction of new staff.
- · Conduct Salary survey as and when needed in consultation with Country Management Team.
- · Coordinate all staff benefits payable and implement benefit Plans
- · Ensure are relevant policies are in place and staff are aware about those policies.
- Take lead in recruitment process starting from designing Job to inductions. Consult the department heads for their recruitment needs and make a strategy to ensure the gaps are covered.
- · Submit monthly report on recruitment, turnover, attendance, leave, staff count and payroll
- · Submit biannual reports on performance appraisal
- · Take lead in facilitating, coordinating and organizing work visa, special passes and work permits for short, misterm or long term expatriate staff.
- · Manage HRIS and JCAD for HR related matters. Ensure all staff are recorded on HRIS and all formal and informal complaints are recorded in JCAD.
- · Take lead in ER related matters. Liaise with managers to ensure staff concerns, issues and grievances are managed and handled adequately and according to the IRW policies and procedures.
- · Perform any other Duties as assigned by Line manager
- · Ensure quality and economically sound recruitment.
· Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resource Option) or master’s degree in business administration (MBA), extensive experience in a busy human Resource Management Position in both emergency and development projects; preferably in ECHO, UN and/or USAID funded projects:
· Experience of working with similar INGOs
· Certified with Institute of Human Resources.
· Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
· Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
· Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel) and experience in HR related software and systems.
· Reporting, planning and Coordination skills
· Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
· Problem solving Skills.
· Effective conflict resolution skills.
· Flexible and patient.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in a variety of cultural contexts.
· In agreement with aims, objectives of Islamic Relief worldwide
· Respect and adhere to values and code of conduct of Islamic Relief Worldwide
· Understanding of CHS specifically HR related standards.
- Degree in HR or related fields
- · Professional HR certification from a reputable body such as IHRM, SHRM, CIPD or HRCI preferred.
- · Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- · Flexible and patient and with can do attitude.
- Team player with conceptual understanding of the participatory approach
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, understanding or knowledge of other local languages will be a plus.
- Willingness to travel to field offices for work.
- Ensure HR practices are of high standard and are in line with IR Global HR practices and ensure this in field offices as well.
- Ensure equal opportunity and fair and open process of recruitment.
- Respect Diversity and ability to work with colleagues as a team regardless of their tribe, age, sex, religion etc.
How to Apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to [email protected] by Monday 2 nd July, 2021.
Please note that this is urgent recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis