ICT Manager Job, IT Job Vacancies Kenya,
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the CEO, the ICT Manager will oversee and coordinate the ICT function, and advise the Hospital Management on the same at St. Francis Community Hospital
- Oversee and manage the ICT function of the hospital by ensuring that all its services are well planned for in order to support timely and quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning process for the hospital.
- Define the hospital’ s digital strategy in order to drive innovation and ensure automation of patient facing and back office processes in line with the hospital’s strategy;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the ICT strategic direction and objectives to all staff to promote employee engagement and productivity;
- Provide ICT advisory support to the senior management as the hospital’s ICT lead;
- Develop actionable work plans to ensure effective implementation of the division’s strategic objectives;
- Create a process for generating and developing creative ideas to optimize hospital operations and improve patient experience through technology;
- Ensure management of the hospital’s IT infrastructure including planning, maintenance and sourcing in line with the Hospital’s needs;
- Oversee administration of ICT applications across all hospital operations and ensure ease of access and use of the applications in order to enhance service delivery;
- Put in place information security systems and measures to ensure the hospital’s ICT environment is secure in place in line with industry standards;
- Lead implementation of all IT projects to ensure innovations meet the Hospital’s technology advancement appetite and value for money;
- Put in place vendor management processes and all IT related obligations to ensure the Hospital’s needs are met;
- Ensure efficient and effective user support and adequate support for the systems in place to all departments;
- Put in place disaster management and business continuity processes and infrastructure to ensure business continuity for the hospital operations;
- Determine required capabilities for continued relevance of the Hospital within the unfolding landscape and provide input into the learning and development plan for the Hospital;
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day activities of the ICT division to ensure quality and efficient service delivery; Ensure implementation of all hospital approved quality management systems including ISO standards, Safecare among others to ensure full compliance of the ICT division to the guidelines;
- Prepare the ICT annual budget and monitor its implementation upon approval to ensure cost containment and value for money;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the ICT team including performance appraisal,
- identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda;
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional ICT qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CCNA or other equivalent and recognized qualifications.
- Must be a member of the Computer Society of Kenya.
- Minimum of 6 years’ information technology experience including computer operations management, multiple roles in systems implementation, architecture, security/compliance, business-wide strategic planning responsibility with 3 years at management level.
- A distinguished professional history demonstrating an in-depth understanding of information technology.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department/unit.
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Hospital Information Systems.
- Knowledge of CRM data and database systems; understanding of data security and other compliance responsibilities.
- Experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing contracts, contract negotiation, contract management, and customer/vendor relationships.
- Proven track record at senior level of leading staff within an IT environment.
- Successful track record of implementation with delivery on time and to budget
- Ability to lead change in an IT environment.
- Project management skills
- Database and applications management skills.
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen Leadership skills.
- Budget preparation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Communication skills including facilitation and presentation skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application to [email protected] (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job title, reference number and your salary expectation by 24 th June 2021 . Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.