IT Officer Job, Current IT Jobs,
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) is an internationally-recognized grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and linking these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO currently impacts over 2.4 million people across 17 urban slums in Kenya, and is the largest employer in Kibera. SHOFCO is a trusted name and service provider in Kibera with a 10-year track record. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org .
To provide first class applications support and services to internal SHOFCO users and ensuring a properly secured and managed system environment. This is a role that specializes in a certain area or system but also contributes generally to resolution of any system within SHOFCO. The IT officer will be the subject matter expert on the systems in question, and responsible for the setup and configuration of the systems, its users and for general maintenance. This person also contributes to future plans and implements changes on the systems. This role is responsible for the production of relevant support and user guides for the system with constant user training to ensure that the users are well vast with the system functions.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain system efficiency and ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Analyze and isolate issues and troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for current future systems upgrade.
- Setup monitoring and monitor system for performance, security and availability
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance for increased efficiency and user productivity.
- Maintain integrity of the systems, server deployment and systems security.
- Produce user and support guides.
- Train and coach users on the proper use of systems.
- Contribute to change projects.
- Constant assessment and review of the organization web applications to ensure security compliance.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Computer science or any other related field.
- At least 3 years IT experience in a busy environment.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, routers etc. or working knowledge of software (APIs, programming, configuration).
- Working experience in G-Suit applications, SAP, web applications, AWS and MS Azure will be added advantage.
- Issue diagnosis
- IT Security skills
- Software/hardware skills
- Managing tasks
- Problem Solving
- Team working
- Taking responsibility
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to [email protected] with the job title as the subject line. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.