Technical Manager Job, Latest Technical Vacancies in Kenya,
The Company is seeking to recruit a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the position of Technical Manager. Reporting to the General Manager Factory.
The successful candidate shall manage the Company’s Research and Development function, manufacturing and technical support activities. The candidate shall be responsible for the technical aspects of dairy processing and instrumentation, including design, manufacture and Intellectual Property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to develop new innovation systems as agreed by the Leadership Team.
- Oversee and co-ordinate maintenance of mechanical, electronic, electrical and other software components of Company’s equipment.
- Manage the generation and preservation of the Company’s Intellectual Property including archiving/storage of designs, documentation of know-how, preparation of patent applications and general maintenance of the Company’s IP portfolio.
- Provide technical support to operational functions in the most efficient manner for all concerned to ensure set targets are met on a continuous basis.
- Maintain a clear view at all times of the R&D and Technical Support including financial performance.
- Foster a climate and culture where QHSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily.
- Support and ensure compliance with Quality Health & Safety regulations, the Quality and Environmental standards and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Company’s internal systems, increase efficiency and reduce administrative overheads.
- Be in-charge of all utilities equipment in production, cooling hubs, depots and all factory equipment: tracks and ensure effective preventive maintenance and spares stocks to avoid any equipment failures.
- Be in charge of Generators fuels, Boiler fuel (firewood or furnace) quality and quantity to support smooth operations.
- Monitor and ensure ordering & receipt of quality spare parts.
- Attract, retain and motivate people to improve the Company’s performance.
- Report regularly on key aspects of the business in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Actively participate, manage and champion management systems including strategic plans, ISO systems, Kaizen systems and any others that may introduced by the Company from time to time.
- Provide relevant technical information to Operations staff to enable proper operation and maintenance of Field Technical Equipment.
- Manage, escalate risk issues and resolve issues.
- Define technical resource requirements for effective and successful project implementation.
- Identify areas of technological advancement and maintenance of excellent engineering standards.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects including the engagement of external resources as required in consideration of the overall budget and costs.
- The successful candidate must be a University Graduate in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a reputable university.
- Experience in or a Diploma or certificate in Manufacturing project management will be an added advantage
- Must have over 10 years practical experience in Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronic Engineering in a very busy environment
- Must be Computer literate with strong competence in MS office package including but not limited to Excel, access, power point and engineering auto-cards
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG manufacturing sector at senior level in the technical/engineering department. Experience in the dairy sector will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject “Technical Manager” to: [email protected] by or before 5th April 2022.