Public Health Director Job, Latest County Government Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons serving in the Public Service to fill the following vacant positions.
POSITION: Director Of, Public Health – JOB GROUP CPSB 03 (‘R’) – (1 POST)
Basic Salary: Kshs. 121,430 x 6,070– 127,500 x 6,370– 133,870 x 6,570– 140,440 x 6,770– 147,210 x 6,960– 154,170 x 7,160– 161,330 x 7,810 – 169,140p.m
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Job summary: The position exists to ensure that the Department of Health Services achieves its mandate through assisting the county Chief Officer, Health Services in formulating and implementing policies, regulations, guidelines, standards for an effective and efficient management of public and environmental health risk factors. He/she will be answerable to the County Chief Officer, Health Services.
Specific Duties will entail: –
- Provide leadership in service delivery in the following areas; Public Health, Reproductive Health, New–born, Child, and Adolescent Health, Vaccines and Immunization, Nutrition and Dietetics, Community Strategy, Disease Surveillance among others.
- Ensure the Implementation and Compliance of Cap 242 Laws of Kenya and any other Legislations on Public Health;
- Develop and implement policies, guidelines, Budgetary plans, strategies, programs, standards and procedures in the area of promotive, preventive and environmental health programmes.
- Lead in the development and implementation of Strategic Plans as linked to Vision 2030 and Health Sector goals;
- Ensure notification of infectious diseases and administration of Quarantine for infectious diseases;
- Coordinate Preventive health programs including vector control, malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB;
- Coordinate Public Health Research and Innovations;
- Coordination of Health Partners and other Private Partnership (under Public Health);
- Implement policy on safe management of healthcare waste;
- Coordinate all public health and sanitation health services and projects within the County;
- Monitoring and evaluation of public health projects and programmes to ensure that their delivery is within the required public health standard;
- Provide technical advice on Public Health matters to both CECM and Chief Officer Health Services; and
- Supervise the Development and management of public and private mortuaries, cemeteries and crematoria.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Have served in the grade of Deputy Director, Public Health, Job Group CPSB 04 (“Q”) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in either Environmental Health or Public Health or an equivalent
- qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Health, Public Health, Epidemiology, Food Safety and Quality, Food Science and Technology, Community Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Health Promotion and Education, Solid Waste Management or Disaster Management from a recognized institution;
- Must be registered and have a valid practicing license from Public Health and Technicians Council (PHOTC);
- Have capacity to undertake multiple tasks within strict timelines;
- Possess strategic and analytical skills with a deep understanding of the strategic and operational challenges of the health sector in the county and the country;
- Have the ability to design and conduct operations, research, analyze and utilize research findings in planning activities to improve service delivery;
- Possession of Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s mandate, health policies, vision, mission, as well as vision 2030.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke , fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 24th September, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. [email protected] will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB)
DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY
at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address
and phone number
S E C R E T A R Y / C E O , C P S B