Community Mobilizer & Tracker Job, Latest Social Work Kenyan Jobs
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
Position: Community Mobilizer & Tracker (3 Positions) KMR/ 7 Vacancy No. FN-024-05-2021
Reports to: Recruitment and Retention Officer Location: Kisumu
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
- Community sensitization and mobilization for the
- Work with CORPS to map study area and recruit potential
- Hold regular meetings and communication with local leaders and Community
- Network with
- Participate in accelerated mobilization (distributing flyers and posters and conducting a mobile campaign with a public address system to mobilize the community.
- Liaise with community leaders, gatekeepers and the community members about the study in consultation with the Recruitment and Retention Officer.
- Participant recruitment
- Conducting outreach activities and participant
- Escorting participant’s home as
- Counselling and informed consent
- Participant referral to
- Participant retention
- Obtaining and updating participant locator
- Report writing on recruitment and retention strategies and updating of the community
- Develop and review participant retention SOP and implement
- Participate in health talks at the site and health
- Participant physical and phone tracing as needed
- Higher Diploma in Community health, Social Sciences, social work, sociology, psychological counselling or other related fields.
- Experience in working in a busy clinical research set up with extensive hands-on experience working in with communities and other
- Experience working in a busy reproductive health service provision/promotion organization or delivery of contraceptive
- Knowledge of HIV prevention and care services and family planning services
- Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training is an added advantagebility to hold discussions with teachers, parents and guardians regarding their respective children’s
- Two years’ experience in a similar
- Experience in research setting and having Human Subject protection certificate will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Pleasant personality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good report writing skills
- Good Computer skills, especially, MS Office packages
How to Apply
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
- Requirements of Chapter six of the constitution
Applications to be done through the email [email protected] no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted .