SGBV Officer Job, Current NGO Jobs,
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Our vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations. Our Partner National Society, The Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) Regional Office in Africa, which supports Red Cross/Red Crescent Societies in the region is looking for qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Senior Regional SGBV Officer – NorCross
Reporting to: Deputy Regional Representative
Job Location: Nairobi
The purpose of the regional Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Coordinator is to support Norwegian Red Cross country offices in Africa to strengthen and develop health services, and referral pathways to complimentary services for SGBV survivors through their work with partner Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies according to established technical standards and best practices.
- Ensures alignment of NorCross Africa region/Country specific SGBV approach with International SGBV guidelines/standards.
- Supports the integration and oversees implementation of SGBV components into existing health service delivery, supports building or strengthening referral pathways to complementary health and other services, in line with the survivor-centred approach.?
- Advises on how to strengthen community outreach health interventions to include SGBV referrals, in accordance with the phasing of Norwegian Red Cross SGBV project.
- Is part of regional thematic coordination mechanisms inside and outside the Red Cross Movement.
- Undertakes reviews of NorCross supported primary and community health interventions to include technically sound and standard based inclusion of SGBV activities, as defined through NorCross approach to SGBV
- Based on relevant standards and protocols, develops or strengthens National Societies’ professional health services and referrals to complimentary services for SGBV survivors.
- Trains and coaches Norwegian Red Cross and Host National Society teams on relevant SGBV standards and protocols and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Builds greater awareness and understanding of a survivor-centered SGBV approach and the requirements for SGBV responses.?Ensures the activities undertaken by the National Society is integrated into existing referral mechanisms.
- Provides hands-on technical support to existing/developing programs focused on SGBV health response and community outreach in protracted conflict settings (conducting assessments, reviews and evaluation, program design, field monitoring/training etc.).
- Enables regional and country office colleagues to understand and make use of available SGBV specific technical tools and methodologies.
- Ensures that Norwegian Red Cross SGBV programming is evidence-based and results-based.
- Coordinates the organization of the collection, compilation, data analysis and dissemination of results relevant to SGBV. Contributes to development of tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation related to SGBV.
- Works closely with relevant?technical delegates, particularly health delegates and Results Management Coordinator in Africa
- Supports technical collaboration with ICRC and other Red Cross Red Crescent Movement personnel to enhance overall humanitarian impact in each partner?country.
- Collaborates with other global technical coordinators of NO and regions as relevant.?
- Collaborates with Safer Access / protection staff when there are overlapping activities in the same context, to maximize protection outcomes (protection risk analysis, gender, diversity & inclusion mainstreaming and vulnerability assessments).
- Ensures that Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies staff and/or Norwegian Red Cross country staff are part of the Movement and other GBV coordination mechanisms (GBV AoR) and part of established referral mechanisms.
- University degree at Master level, preferably related to health and/or SGBV in humanitarian settings?
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding and experience of health support to survivors of SGBV at primary health care level.
- Experience with case management and with Clinical Management of Rape (CMR)
- Understanding of humanitarian health operations
- English work proficiency is required; French an asset
- Fluency in relevant IT tools, including with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative M&E research methods.
- Proven skills in developing and facilitating training on CMR and other SGBV concepts
- Very good ability to take initiative and accept responsibility
- Very good ability to communicate effectively
- Very good ability to work analytically
- Very good ability to cooperate and share competency
- Good ability to develop others
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 5 th March 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.