Lab Technologist Job, Latest Laboratory Technologist Kenya Jobs 2022,
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Laboratory Technologist (1 Post)
Location : Kalobeyei
Reporting To : Laboratory Technologist In Charge
The overall objective of the position is to ensure smooth running of laboratory services in the hospital. He/she will also ensure accurate processing and timely dissemination of results.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations to ensure quality laboratory services are delivered to beneficiaries.
- Provide medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures, developing and implementing analytical procedures, evaluating laboratory information and reporting results according to protocols.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards, developing operations, quality and troubleshooting procedures, certifying instrument performance, arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain medical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, identifying peak and slack periods, making operational adjustment.
- Maintain quality results by participating in quality assurance process, performing proficiency surveys, reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs, making adjustments in policy and procedures, generating reports and maintaining records.
- Maintain medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems, recommending improvements, establishing priorities, testing and writing & reviewing SoPs.
- Implement new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation and procedures by investigating alternatives, preparing proposals, developing and performing parallel testing and monitoring progress.
- Maintain regular contact with clients suffering from various diseases to monitor their progress and response to medications by doing baseline investigations.
- Organize and conduct blood drive periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree/Higher Diploma or Diploma in Laboratory field.
- At least three (2)’ years practical relevant work experience as a Laboratory Technologist.
- Valid and current registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist board (KMLTTB)
- At least 2 years working in a busy hospital set up in laboratory section.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 11 th April 2022 ; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.