Waiters Job, Hotel Kenyan Jobs March,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446. At Gatundu Level 5 Hospital, an Annex of Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and Research Hospital, we seek to engage qualified staff on full time 3-year performance-based renewable contract for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment and a positive attitude.
WAITERS – V/FT/42/2022 – 3 POSTS
Attends to needs of patients admitted to a hospital; attends to Food & Beverage service needs of other hospital functions. It is also the responsibility of a hospital room service attendant to make sure that meals are prepared according to each patient’s nutritional needs
- Confer with patients about their food preferences and create records of conversation for future
- Discuss patients’ dietary needs with doctors or nurses to gauge the type of meals that need to be
- Provide patients with information on what each food item prescribed by the doctor contains and how it is suitable for their
- Verify from patients if they have any food allergies and make appropriate
- Prepare each patient’s food order according to the specific diet plans specified by the
- Make sure that the food is as tasty as possible so that patients develop a liking to
- Prepare food trays by measuring out appropriate portions of each food
- Refer to notes to determine if any drinks or beverages are allowed to individual
- Deliver foodservice trolley to patients’ rooms and provide them with information about what the
- menu and ingredients consist of.
- Ask patients if they would like any additional allowed food items on the foodservice trolley from next time
- Take the foodservice trolley back to the kitchen and handle any leftovers according to what the hospital policy
- Clean and sanitize plates, dishes, and
- Make sure that all work areas are cleaned and sanitized
- Take feedback from patients regarding food items offered to them and relay information to the hospital food service
- Diploma in a Food & Beverage Production
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety
- Flexibility to work during evenings and
- At least two (2) years related experience in a similar institution or star rated hospitality
Soft Skills Required
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/career s OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 17th March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful c andidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY