Livestock Production Officer Job, Latest Agricultural Kenyan Jobs 2022,
The Kisii County Government invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenyan Citizens to fill vacancies pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
VACANCY NO. KSI/PSB/EA/4/2022: ASSISTANT LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION OFFICER JOB GROUP ‘H’ (3POSTS) TERMS: PERMANENT/ CONTRACT
- Participating in animal health field demonstrations, agricultural shows and exhibitions;
- Participating in sample collection and dispatch;
- Inspecting livestock stock routes; and collecting data and writing technical reports;
- Demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite’ control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting;
- Carrying out vaccination, closed castration, dehorning, ear-tagging, branding, de warming, disbudding, docking, debeaking and hoof trimming;
- Carrying out simple treatment of animals;
- Participating in disease search and reporting;
- Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, dipping data; and maintaining dairy
For appointment to this grade an officer must-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a Diploma in any of the following – Animal Health, Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution;
- be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
- have a certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- have shown ability and demonstrated merit in work performance and results.
NOTE : -Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply, clearly indicating the type of disability.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for; whilst enclosed together with a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials, so as to reach on or before 16 th May, 2022 at 5.00p.m. and addressed to: –
The Ag. Board Secretary/C.E.O, Kisii County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 1848 -40200, KISII.
Hand delivery applications can be dropped at the Kisii County Public Service Board offices situated along Kisii-Kilgoris Road near the Kisii Cathedral Junction Road.
For More information please visit www.kisii.go.ke
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER