Principal Resource Mobilization & Partnership Development Officer Job, Other Professions,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives, State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
KMFRI’s mandate is to undertake research in “marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, and marine research including chemical and physical oceanography”, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable development of the Blue Economy. The Institute is also mandated to cooperate with other organizations and institutions of higher learning in training programmes and on matters of relevant research.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sagana, Shimoni, Turkana, a research substation at Gazi and the Nairobi liaison office.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within her approved staff establishment :
PRINCIPAL RESOURCE MOBILIZATION & PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT OFFICER ( KMFRI GRADE 5) – POSITIONS –ONE (1)
- Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 116,410 – KShs. 151,334 P.M.
- House Allowance: KShs. 35,000 P.M.
- Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 8,000 P.M.
- Annual Leave Allowance: KShs. 10,000 P.A.
- Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
- Providing input in the development and implementation of mobilization policies and strategies for sourcing of funds from individuals, bilateral, multi-lateral and private organizations;
- Identifying and mapping out potential areas of resource mobilization;
- Identifying, analyzing and documenting fundraising gaps in the Institute;
- Formulating and reviewing of fundraising tools for the Institute to ensure uniformity and shared vision;
- Formulating multi-disciplinary projects and program proposals for resource mobilization to support Institute;
- Identifying and biding to win marine and fisheries allied natural resources-based consultancies to grow the Institute resource base;
- Coordinating partnerships and cooperation with other research organizations and institutions of higher learning in joint research and training through Memorandum of Understandings;
- Developing joint work plans and activities with collaborators for active Memorandum of Understandings;
- Ensuring effective maintenance and updating of records of partners’ support;
- Reviewing and analyzing the partnership database for policy decisions;
- Coordinating the development and execution of work plans, budgets and progress reports in Department;
- Ensuring quality assurance and effective aid utilization for realized donor projects;
- Training, mentoring scientists and students on attachment in resource mobilization for improved resources and career progression;
- Conducting intelligence analysis of donor policies, practices and consultancy opportunities for timely response;
- Providing quality assurance for ongoing donor projects to ensure compliance with anticipated outputs and objectives;
- Marketing and participating in lobby forums to enhance Institutes’ visibility;
- Coordinating teams responding to calls for Letter of Interest (LoI), Concept Notes and Proposals on websites, newspapers and institutions to ensure responses are relayed in a timely manner; and
- Participating in key internal forums to internalize Research and Development needs and debates to inform fundraising concepts and proposals.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- At least six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been as a Senior Resource Mobilization & Partnership Development Officer or equivalent position in the public or private sector;
- Master’s Degree in Commerce, Project Management, Corporate Communication / Public Relations, Community Development, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Project Management, Corporate Communication / Public Relations, Community Development, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Minimum K.C.S.E C+ (Plus) or its equivalent;
- Certificate in Negotiation or Persuasion Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Resource Mobilization course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Supervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated good results work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key competencies and Skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Attention to detail and quality orientation skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Team building; and
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the KMFRI Job Application Form , attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY, and envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Wednesday, 7th July 2021.
The Director General,
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P. O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Silos Road, English Point, Mkomani,
Email: [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates in compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
1. Only SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted and shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and clearance certificates during the interviews.
2. Any canvassing will lead to AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
KMFRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.