Medical Specialist Job, Medical Jobs Kenyan Job Vacancies 2022,
Kenyatta National Hospital is a Government State Corporation whose vision is to be a world
class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital
seeks to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the
following vacant positions;
The Medical Specialists (Plastic Surgery) are responsible to Head of Department in the provision of specialized diagnostic, curative, rehabilitative and preventive health care services to the population under their care; they are entrusted to provide quality health care services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement clinical decisions for specialised quality inpatient and outpatient care that
- includes provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services;
- Implement Hospital programmes within plastic and reconstructive surgery;
- Champion continuous quality healthcare standards and patient safety guidelines
- Assist in mentoring and coaching of staff in plastic and reconstructive surgery;
- Coordinate intervention activities and programs for training health professionals in
- community health and health management in hospitals/health facilities
- Implementing clinical review protocols procedures and work instructions for the practice of specialized care
- Coordinating and managing referral care within the framework of the hospital and
- national referral policies
- Consult with other specialists to solve single or multiple medical issues as required by patients in the hospital
- Undertaking research activities in the speciality and implement the research findings
- to improve quality of service delivery
- Performing emergency medical procedures
- Collaborates, writes and responds to requests for consultation from other Specialist
- throughout the Hospital in the diagnosis and management of patients not directly under his/her care.
- Providing high standards of specialized clinical services to patients in the wards and specialized clinics
- Performing regular rounds with the registrars and other officers to assist in patient management.
- Communicating to all patients under their care about the nature of their illness and the
- outlook in treatment of their well-being so that they understand the full extent of their
- recovery or disability as may be the case.
- Carryout specialized diagnostic, therapeutic medical or surgical procedures
- Accepting responsibility for the teaching of the highest standards of medical practice
- to medical specialists-in-training, medical officers, medical interns and other students;
- Executing Medico-legal duties including filling of P3 forms, court attendance and forensic duties
- Participating in community diagnosis, preventive & promotive care and treatment;
- Utilizing patient data to benefit the customer and service provider;
- Undertake medical research & clinical audits and implementing the findings
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters of Medicine degree in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Council OR Masters of Medicine degree in General Surgery with certification/fellowship in plastic Surgery or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBChB.) or its equivalent qualification
- from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Certification/Fellowship in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from a recognized institution.
- Specialist recognition certificate in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from the Medical practitioner’ and Dentist Council.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid practicing license in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are requested to download and fill the application form available on KNH Website www.knh.or.ke . The application form together with a detailed C.V listing the qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or before 16 th May 2022 to the address below:-
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
- Kenyatta National Hospital DOES NOT charge ANY FEES for application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Successful candidate will be required to submit the document listed below to comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya,2010: –
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
“ANY FORM OF CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION ”