Senior Product Manager Job, Latest Administration Jobs Kenya 2022,
This role requires significant time in the local market and is close to our operations in Nairobi. We will only consider candidates based there or willing to relocate there.
- You will build detailed domain knowledge of KOKO’s business plans, markets, and internal realities as a manufacturing and logistics company offering combined hardware and software products
- You will manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers, partners and colleagues; define and frame those problems for the team
- You will collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagine solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to users as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in MVPs and after full release
- You will own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team is responsible for; deliver high quality software in every release
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- 5+ years experience in product management with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- Ideally, you have some UX experience as it’s important to us to think deeply about product design decisions and how to create simple user interfaces
- We prefer candidates who have experience working in combined software and hardware businesses (with manufacturing and logistics)
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you’re self-driven and show ownership
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for the best results
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of the complex web and mobile applications
What we offer
- We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organization where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
How to Apply
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!