- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop deep product and domain knowledge of KOKO’s systems.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements and create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using automation tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs through to closure.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to improve on their quality and functionality.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Work with the development team to provide inputs to fix issues and possible solutions to problems.
- Participate with the entire team in setting the quality standards for the product.
- Contribute to reviewing and defining quality processes.
- Provide training, guidance, feedback, and coaching to testing team members.
- Collaborate with team members on defects/issues and timelines to ensure timely delivery of releases.
- Track quality metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to): Core Technology: AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js , Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
- Test Engineering: Maven, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman,Newman, JMeter
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in manual and automation testing.
- Experience in creating test plans and test scenarios.
- Experience in BDD tools like Cucumber with web testing frameworks like Selenium.
- Experience in mobile app testing tools like Firebase Test Lab or Appium is preferred.
- Experience in testing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of database architectures and data models used in the relevant product.
- Experience working with Performance and load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or equivalent is a plus.
- Demonstrate problem solving and innovation ability.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.