Clinical Pharmacist (2 Positions) Job, Latest Pharmaceutical Jobs In Kenya,
REF – V/FT/85/2022
The Clinical Pharmacist’s job exists to coordinate and provide specialized clinical pharmacist services and participate in research in the area of specialization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend doctors’ rounds in the medical ward consulting with the physicians and other health care providers in selecting the medication therapy that best meets the patient’s needs and contributes
- effectively to the overall therapy goals.
- Conduct medication reviews and develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects.
- To offer drug information to consultants, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers of the hospital.
- To participate in the review and update of the KUTRRH Formulary to enable optimal drug usage.
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Antibiotic Stewardship, Medicines and Therapeutic, Infection Control, and other Advisory Committees as appropriate.
- Develop clinical pharmacy practice programs according to policies and regulations.
- Conduct regular clinical audits and other improvement activities.
- Prevent, detect, resolve and document medication errors and make appropriate evidence-based,
- patient-centered medication therapy recommendations as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participating in departmental education activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board.
- Valid practice license.
- Professional Insurance indemnity cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Experience with an online prescription system is an added advantage.
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
- At least one (1) year working experience as a Clinical Pharmacist (Critical Care) in a busy hospital.
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via careers.kutrrh.go.ke OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form ( https://www.kutrrh.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/KUTRRH_Job_Application_Form_July_2022.pd f) , and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
- The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau