Critical Care Nursing Tutor Job, Teaching Jobs 2021,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
TUTORS NURSING INSTITUTE (CRITICAL CARE) – KUTRRH/DTCBTTUTCC/386 – 2 POSTS
This position is responsible for delivery of quality instruction to Nursing Trainees, in line with the Nursing Council of Kenya guidelines and KUTRRH principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSCN)/DAN.
- Must be a holder of at least a post-basic diploma in specialized
- Must have a minimum possession of a Diploma in Medical education of DAN/BSCN or its equivalent, approved by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have post-graduate Diploma in Critical
- A Master’s Degree will be an added
- Must be able to provide instruction at various levels within the program
- Must have experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international
- Must possess specialist knowledge and the ability to operate specialist programs and equipment
- Must have effective presentation skills, both theoretical and
- Must have a proven track record in achieving results and in the improvement of standards of teaching & learning in an academic
- Must have minimum of three (3) years teaching/training experience within a relevant educational/clinical setting
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a hospital providing primary
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya and possess a valid practice
- To teach and examine courses through lectures, seminars and
- Provide leadership in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the
- Deliver lectures and monitor student progress during training, provide support and advice to enable the students excel in their
- Evaluate academic progress of students, record findings and devise action plans where
- Manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication with
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or the Hospital
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
- Superior interpersonal skills and team work
- High degree of professionalism and ethics
- Research and development skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal : www.kutrrh.go.ke/career s
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official telephones/ email.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.