Oncology Senior Nursing Officer Job, Nursing Jobs 2021,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
SENIOR NURSING OFFICER – ONCOLOGY – KUTRRH/DNSSNOON/382 – 1 POST
The Oncology Senior Nursing Officer (SNO) is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective operating services that achieve optimal patient outcomes. The purpose of the inpatient Oncology department is to promote and provide effective expectations of clients that enhance continuity of care. The SNO will be required to plan, analyze, design, monitor and provide advice on nursing issues, to assist in the development of a workforce strategic plan and to facilitate changes to staffing and models of care to ensure innovative, effective and efficient service delivery in collaboration with management. This position entails ensuring the delivery of high-quality nursing care in accordance with professional guidelines. The in charge will promote a culture that embraces best practice and identifies, evaluates and incorporates appropriate emerging trends in the practice of the clinical disciplines within their unit. The department serves mostly Oncology patients admitted in the hospital for inpatient care.
This position reports to Deputy Director – Nursing Services.
- Contributes to the development, and manages the implementation and improvement of care delivery models and services that supports the continuous enhancement of care delivery and patient/family, employee and provide satisfaction for area of
- Applies the values of the nursing organization and assures compliance of the nurse practice acts abiding by nurses’ rights and compliance with regulatory and professional standards for area of
- Ensures nurses adhere to set metrics of quality care indicators such as admission time, waiting times, discharge turnaround times and medication
- Fosters transparency, interdisciplinary collaboration, and accountability in area of
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing services administration, and the delivery of services by participating in the delivery of patient and family education pertaining to chemotherapy regimens and
- Ensures all patient activities of daily living are met individually: feeding, bathing, elimination, comfort (e.g. use of mosquito nets) and ambulation where
- Optimizes resource allocation to support current and potential objectives and initiatives for area of
- Manages a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically competent, efficient, and compassionate care and services in a professionally challenging
- Coordinates and directs the daily patient care operations of the unit by assigning unit workloads as per skill requirements to meet patient care
- Assesses staff competencies and makes monthly balanced duty rotas for all nurses with optimization of hours
- Delegates appropriate tasks to appropriate personnel, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and departmental
- Maintains clear communications with the nurses and the Head of Department – Oncology regarding unit needs and/or
- Serves as a resource person on the unit by participating in in-service education programmes for staff where neede d
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with Higher Diploma in Oncology Nursing or
- Diploma in Nursing with Higher Diploma in Oncology Nursing
- Experience of working in a busy Oncology Unit prior to joining the hospital
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Registration with Nursing Council of Kenya
- Above six (6) years’ Oncology working experience
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal : www.kutrrh.go.ke/career s
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official telephones/ email.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.